Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

DC hits out at Patrick Friesacher

Coulthard hit out at backmarker Patrick Friesacher after the Minardi driver nearly ended the Scotsman's race early.

Coulthard was running third early on when he came upon Friesacher, who was well off the pace on his Formula One debut.

Friesacher slowed without warning to allow Coulthard past which nearly took the Red Bull driver out.

Coulthard lost part of his bodywork in the incident and almost a place to Mark Webber before recovering to finish fourth.

He said: "The difficulty with traffic, especially with the inexperienced guys, is that they can hold you up when they should let you by which is the braking areas and then lift in the middle of a fast corner.

"That corner is normally flat out and it's narrow as well. For him to lift there - I didn't expect it.

"I was surprised by that whole scenario and then I nearly ran Mark off the circuit, which was not intentional. I was just so uncertain where I was on the track.

"I've apologised because he had every right to be bloody annoyed because effectively I put him on the grass."

Comments

• He should have just taken the gap Patrick left on the inside, it was his own fault.
  • Ok, the nice things i said about DC in the other thread. Forget them! I still dig his old lady but he is still the same whinging wanker.
  • Funny DC's comment as recall a little incident in Spa some years back involving him and a certain TOIT Driver!
  • Ok, the nice things i said about DC in the other thread. Forget them! I still dig his old lady but he is still the same whinging wanker.
    Ahahaha, Quig, you've got the point
    i subscribe
  • Ooohh, you are awful.

As a voice in the wilderness, let me say 'Forza DC - great race'.

PS the Spa crash happened in the braking zone for Bus Stop and in zero visibility.

• PS the Spa crash happened in the braking zone for Bus Stop and in zero visibility.
    He still lifted to silly speeds on the racing line and his visability was good. I was there to see it happen! Oh and I applaud DC as he took TGF out!
  • Ooohh, you are awful.

As a voice in the wilderness, let me say 'Forza DC - great race'.

PS the Spa crash happened in the braking zone for Bus Stop and in zero visibility.
    It wasn't at the bus stop that the DC MS incident happened, it was earlier in the lap, don't know the name of the corner but the short shoot to those 2 fast left handers in the middle sector.

The bus stop incident was fisi and one of the minardis

• I remember DC being behind Alonso in 2003 or2004.
    Alonso braked suddenly, Dc didn'texpect it and avoided to the right..... in the gravel trap:hehe:
  • I remember DC being behind Alonso in 2003 or2004.
    Alonso braked suddenly, Dc didn'texpect it and avoided to the right..... in the gravel trap:hehe:
    that was 2003 nurburgring
  • Hungary actually.
  • It was the European GP Quigs. Going up the hill to their bus stop.
  • Hungary actually.
    hungary 2003? when in that race? alonso won that race, with DC finishing (checks forix site) 5th.

it was nurburgring. The incident happened on the approach to vedoff (sp?) chicane (the one schmuacher designed)

• As far as i could see Patrick didn't do anything wrong. He moved out the way to let them pass. It was the fact that DC was too busy concentrating on Webber who was putting pressure on him.

Anyway the worst culprit of the weekend for getting in the way was JV. He wouldn't yield and let people pass despite him been well down the field under no pressure for his position!
  • I've looked into it and I was wrong. Here is the account of the incident:

But Alonso (as usual) did. In the closing laps he was under extreme pressure from David Coulthard who had spent the afternoon making up for his poor qualifying. He lost some time during a pit stop when he left a little too early and had to stop the car but otherwise he drove a strong race. In the closing laps we was all over Alonso until lap 57 when Alonso suddenly put on the anchors much earlier than David expected.

"He braked 10 meters earlier than he had on the previous lap," said David. The Scotsman swerved to avoid running into the back of the Renault and lost control, the car bouncing in alarming fashion into a gravel trap. David was not impressed.
  • clipper, am sure it was Bus Stop as the stricken Schumi slid into the pitlane entrance.
  • clipper, am sure it was Bus Stop as the stricken Schumi slid into the pitlane entrance.
    Clipper is right it happened just after the left hander at Blanchimont about 300m before the Bus Stop. Coulthard still sucks! He has been dominated by every team mate he has had CK I bet will do the same.