Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardi man to replace Byrne

Rory Byrne has announced that the F2005 will not be his car, but rather Aldo Costa's. Aldo worked in the CAD/CAM biz in the 80's before he was hired by none other than Gian Carlo Minardi to design our race cars. He left for TOIT in 1995 and 10 years later he's head honcho in the design dept.

Any bets on whether GCM will be getting a signed letter of thanks from Todt? :rolleyes:

Comments

• He left for TOIT in 1995
    Was'nt the years directly before 1995 actually years where Minardi were qualifying 3rd etc.......Looks like he was a key man.
  • 3rd? I seem to recall a 2nd at Pheonix. :cool:
  • That was a bit of a fluke - Pirelli super stickies and PLM.
  • Minardi wasn't the only team on Pirellis. I will agree that PLM was very important part of it though.
  • Sadly we lost a lot of important people along the way - like him or hate it even Gustav Brunner was of greqat importance to the team - at least we had a solid, reliable car when he was here.
  • What does PLM do these days ?!?!

He could be worth gold to the team as team manager / sporting director or some function like that !!!!!
  • PLM was no fluke! :mad:
  • The combination of the Pirelli's, the surface and conditions in Phoenix AND PLM's great skill were the factors. However, since it was the only front row appearance the Team has ever had I qualified it as a fluke as in the first definition of the term listed below:

The noun "fluke" has 5 senses in WordNet.

1. good luck, fluke, good fortune -- (a stroke of luck)
    2. fluke -- (a barb on a harpoon or arrow)
    3. fluke, flue -- (flat blade-like projection on the arm of an anchor)
    4. fluke -- (either of the two lobes of the tail of a cetacean)
    5. fluke, trematode, trematode worm -- (parasitic flatworms having external suckers for attaching to a host)

Damn are you people sensitive.

BTW - the VP of the MCSF has video he took while there of the race - I need to convert it to QT and post the neat Minardi bits - don't hold your breath though.
  • PLM, PLM, aaahhhhhhhhh time to get out the Phoenix video .....
  • Minardi still beat teams on equally good Pirelli's that day.
  • On Qual day - lets remember the race result people.
  • 5th or 6th as I recall? I'm too lazy to check FORIX.
  • Et tu Quig? How can you be so negative? ...
  • Costa was not the only talent TOIT plundered. I remember Fiorio and Mariano Alperin, but no doubt the list is longer.
    PLM should be working for the team, at least helping drivers and gathering sponsors all around Italy.
    Phoenix video: Quig, make it happen.