Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Jos testing Champcar this week

Jos Verstappen will test for HMV (Champ Cars)

(March 19, 2005) Jos Verstappen will be testing for the Herdez team (HMV) which is competing in the Champ Car World Series. Tomorrow he is flying to Indianapolis, where HMV's headquarters are. Team manager Vince Kremer will meet Jos at the airport.

On Monday Jos will be at the factory to do a seat fitting and make any adjustment to the car. Tuesday Jos will fly to Sebring where he will test for the team on Wednesday and maybe Thursday. He will be joined by 3 other drivers of whom the names are not known (yet).

In a short reaction Jos told us to be very happy with this test. "I am ready for it. It has been a long time, also for my fans. It has paid off, we have made the first step. The preparation is not optimal but I will show them what I'm worth. I want to compete, so with good lap times I want to convince the team that I am the right man for the job.”

HMV has its headquarters in Indianapolis and has been active in Champ Car since 1981. At the moment they have confirmed one driver for the 2005 season; the 29 year old Mexican Mario Dominguez who had his debut in Champ Cars in 2002.

source= www.verstappen.nl/uk

Comments

• And this has to do with Minardi how?

SteVefan, if you want to talk Minardi you're more than welcome here, but it you want to ramble on non-stop about Jos go to Verstappen.nl and leave us out of it :angel:
  • Homer will test Opel Corsa again

FM.com-member Homer is pleased to announced that he will test again an Opel Corsa later in the year. The 17-years-old student allready tested a Kart in the age of 10 and will do his driving test in the middle of this year. After having tested the 18-years-old Opel Corsa of his father some weeks ago, he can confirm today that he will have again the chance to drive it.

Homer: It's just fantastic! The first test was just amazing but I'm sure I can get better next time. There's so much potential in this car and I'm ready to give my best.

Homers Sister: Homer did allready very well last time. I mean, the car is very difficult to drive, if you can drive an Opel Corsa, you can drive every other car.

Homers father: Pray for my car!
  • come on: is see a lot of posts here about Webber, Alonso and other former Mianrdi drivers: so: grow up.

and RJ: I would'nt post my photo on the net if I looked like that, nice glasses mate! :rolleyes:

[Edited on 19/3/2005 by Steve]
  • :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: @ Homer
  • check the threadlist:

what does Jaques Villeneuve have to do with Minardi??

I certainly seen postings about Alex Yoong and the results from Australia(the top drivers all beeing Minardi drivers)

you are acting very childish indeed, or maybe the frustrations about the results of the current Minardi are getteing to you??
  • Homer, that's is really funny!:D Lol.
  • it should have occurred to you, that JoVe isn't the most popular driver in here:rolleyes:

homer, i'll send you one of brooksey's stickers for the sidepods of that corsa:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:
  • Only for the sidepods? Come on, take the bonnet too and you can become my title-sponsor ;)
  • Very well done Homer. ;)
  • Now just a dingley, doodley, dog-gone minute there Minardaroonis.

VFan can highlight the fortunes of an ex-Minardi driver as is the custom.

I thought that it wasn't the man, but his loopier adherents that were unwelcome here.

Now that the OberGrupenFuehrer has closed the gate on the Verstappenistas, it is a bit rich to attack the one remaining supporter (except for closet Vercrashen accolytes like Stan and Vurmuuuuuuuuuuuuur).

Get off his case.
  • Now just a dingley, doodley, dog-gone minute there Minardaroonis.

VFan can highlight the fortunes of an ex-Minardi driver as is the custom.

I thought that it wasn't the man, but his loopier adherents that were unwelcome here.

Now that the OberGrupenFuehrer has closed the gate on the Verstappenistas, it is a bit rich to attack the one remaining supporter (except for closet Vercrashen accolytes like Stan and Vurmuuuuuuuuuuuuur).

Get off his case.
    What Lease said. I dunno why we're all so angry about Steve's support of the V-Man.

Besides, I'm the guy who has a 3' x 4' orange Verstappen flag in his bedroom...next to my framed print of Pedro Diniz, which itself is next to my scale model 1995 Forti Ford...
  • quite right, lease.
  • It's not the Verstappen thing that riles me about SteVeFan, it's the "Minardi can do no right" attitude. Hardly guaranteed to win friends and influence people on here. We have room here for scepticism, even despair, but not defeatism (and especially not with a truckload of low sarcasm).

This is Forzaminardi, not Harharharminardi.
  • I hope Homer and Jos both will get a seat ;)
  • of course uncle Lease is right and I' ashamed for bullying the stout kid with glasses that can't swim:(
  • Jos Verstappen will test for HMV (Champ Cars)

Tuesday Jos will fly to Sebring where he will test for the team on Wednesday and maybe Thursday. He will be joined by 3 other drivers of whom the names are not known (yet).
    Moe, Larry and Curly

I don't mind reading about the TDW as 1)I'd never look for anything regarding TDW myself and 2)he's a former Minardi driver. I don't like Mazzacane but I won't bash RJ for talkign about him.
  • The link with Minardi is of course: Will Jos take away the Muermans-sponsorship? Because of the problems with Mr. Femidon there isn't much budget left for Verstappen. Harry Muermans is also sponsoring Robert Doornbos, has no signed agreement with Minardi and promised to sponsor Jos in the States. This could be the reason for the CO2 sponsoring on the wing.
  • which is a valid point, the Muermans logo is only on the shirts, and not on the car itself (as I could figure out)
  • I really don't think Muermans has the budget to sponsor Doornbos, Verstappen and Minardi (signing TRDW as a driver didn't help either).
  • On another message-board, a user wrote to Muermans concerning CO2 on the rear-wing. Muermans answered that they're stil a sponsor of Minardi, I think they did the same as Wilux last year - selling the space. l
  • And many Verstappen fans have made fools out of the few normal Verstappen fans out there, by spamming the HVM website's guestbook so much it crashed.
  • quite good for the first day...although 4 tenths is like 1.2 seconds on a normal longer track...

1) Paul Tracy, Forsythe Championship Racing - 51.47
    2) Timo Glock, Rocketsports Racing - 51.64
    3) Jos Verstappen, HVM Inc. - 51.82
    4) Andrew Ranger, Mi-Jack/Conquest Racing - 51.97
    5) Ryan Hunter-Reay, Rocketsports Racing - 52.06
    6) Rodolfo Lavin, Forsythe Championship Racing - 52.10
    7) Nelson Philippe, Mi-Jack/Conquest Racing - 52.13
    8) Jimmy Vasser, PKV Racing - 52.39
    9) Alex Tagliani, Walker Racing - 52.57
    10) Oriol Servia, Dale Coyne Racing - 52.60
    11) Marcus Marshall, Walker Racing - 52.60
    12) Ronnie Bremer, HVM Inc. - 52.62
    13) Bjorn Wirdheim, Dale Coyne Racing - 52.92
  • faster than a lot of experienced champcar drivers, not bad.

and there are no tracks in chapcar that are 3 times longer than Sebring, Sebring is a 3.7 mile track.
  • sorry, that's the problem with you josfan, you are too defensive to the extend that you think he's god...

besides, to get a compliment is rare these days...

btw, you don't need to have a circuit three times the length to get 3 times the time difference for the 2 cars compared...for example brands hatch short's times are below 60 seconds and when the same 2 cars perform on the full length track (2 times longer) the time difference is 3 times original gap...

i was just saying that for champ cars that run in 1m 35s type circuits the time difference could be 1.2 seconds...so, what's the big deal if i'm wrong by 0.1122345 of a second or something huh?
  • they run this track in 51 seconds, so a track they run in 1.35 is not even twice as long.
  • I read a piece on Stoddart in the financial pages last week.

It talks about his airline business, and how European Aviation has bounced back from going out of business and is quite healthy.

It then spoke about his new venture "OZJET". Guess who owns 50%? Muermans!!!
  • That's pretty impressive (TDW's time) considering he wouldn't have had much idea how the car would suit him.

kudos.
  • Good times by JoVe, I guess he has that seat now!
    It then spoke about his new venture "OZJET". Guess who owns 50%? Muermans!!!
  • Well done Jos. Seems that Herdez stops sponsoring the team. So where does that leave Jos? I hope he will get a seat in CC.