Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

We're testing at Jerez !!!!

From F1racinglive.com:
Cost cutting measures do not seem to be making much of an impact in the 2004 calendar year as the Formula One teams gear up for another big test. All ten teams will be in action this week at Jerez as they continue development of components for 2005, aerodynamic packages, tyre testing as well as driver assessment.

BMW Williams are the sole team running on Tuesday but are joined by BAR, Ferrari, Red Bull Racing, Jordan, Minardi, Sauber and Toyota on Wednesday. On Thursday Renault and McLaren join the circuit to make it ten teams testing at the Spanish circuit.

Such is the intensity of testing at this time of the year, Toyota will be testing for 12 straight days at Jerez, While McLaren will run for 11 days and Ferrari ten. Minardi and Jordan will test for four days while Sauber will run for just three days.
Minardi will be present 4 days !!!!!

Quig, any PR from Faenza about drivers, etc ????

Comments

• I've checked and it's definately not April 1st!!!

Are we really getting some proper testing???????:D:D:D:D
  • Let's get down to business now folks. Good deal.
  • I have no info but will keep an ear to the ground.
  • image :D

[Edited on 29/11/2004 by Clown]
  • Wow, that's great.

By the way: Friesacher said in an interview with the german press that Soddart wants him definitly for 2005...
  • *conditional on budget of course.

• I am sure he said that to all the drivers this week.
  • I am sure he said that to all the drivers this week.
    Well, yes, but it depends how Minardi expressed it.

To Davison and Power, Stoddart said: We'Re happy to help them, although we can't promise a cockpit for 2005.

To Monteiro, i believe it was Minardi, who said: We're happy with you work, you did very well.

But to Friesacher, Stoddart saif that he wants him definitly for 2005 and Friesi is allready in contact with two big austrian enterprises.... so let's see what will happen
  • Before we get all happy about the test.

Is it known yet WHO will test? It might be another useless rookie who can't give any feedback until the last day.
  • Also f1-live is hardly the most reliable site. So I'd wait till you hear it from TOMS before getting too excited.

Still if it is true then it's very positive.
  • Homer, any idea who these big Austrian enterprises are?
  • Is possible that is Bridgestone that help us to do some tire test?
    Can only TOIT support all test program? I hope not!;)
  • I like how we're testing a day longer than Sauber. ;)
  • I like the fact that we are testing alongside ANY other team.
  • I like the fact that we are testing alongside ANY other team.
    We get to see how many seconds we are behind the other teams !!:(
  • ^ Which gives us a goal :)
  • Homer, any idea who these big Austrian enterprises are?
    No, but I don't care about the names, only about the money ;)
    I like how we're testing a day longer than Sauber.
    Are we defiinitly testing? There's still nothing confirmed on minardi.it
  • Also nothing on the official formula1 site:
    http://www.formula1.com/news/2471.html

• We are not testing in Jerez....
  • German post reported today that Minardi will be the only team which is not testing at Jerez :mad: :( :rolleyes:
  • wake up:o
  • Minardus, again I implore, please stop bringing us crap from f1.racing-live.com
    I stand by my comment that www.zombo.com is a better source of F1 news than that place...

[Edited on 30/11/2004 by FlyingPanda]
  • OK, I officiallt give-up on F1live.com....

From now on it's only Pitpass.com and GrandPrix.com for me, apart from FM.com of course !!!;)
  • Waiting on word from Faenza but word has it that a very cool looking PS05 has been undergoing extensive tunnel time.
  • Feel free to just leave us hanging.

Man, I hate the off seaeson, you never know when things are going to happen or when news is going to break, for Minardi at least.
  • That is all the thanks I get?
  • Sorry, I don't get it at the moment, maybe I'm just to tired or... whatever.
    Waiting on word from Faenza but word has it that a very cool looking PS05 has been undergoing extensive tunnel time.
    I don't really understand it.... are we in the tunnel or are you hoping that we are in the tunnel ? Maybe somebody can translate in in French oder German?;)
  • He's saying that the PS05 has been in the tunnel. A lot.
  • Has anyone swiched the lights on in the tunnel. I hear it gets very dark in there. :P
  • "...(very cool-looking) PS05, which was in the wind
    tunnel for intensive final aero testing last week."

No translation necessary.