Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

PS05

I think it's a good idea to have an exclusive thread for our great hope : the PS05.
Let's hope the 'thumb up' will prove to be right!

To start of a few statements bij CA + PS on the dutch site sbsonline:
Albers wacht op de nieuwe Minardi

Christijan Albers kijkt reikhalzend uit naar de Minardi PS05. In Imola moet de auto er zijn.

“We moeten realistisch zijn”, vertelt Chrstijan in RaceReport. “Met de huidige auto kunnen we niet zoveel.” Vanaf Imola moet alles anders worden. “Dan staan er drie nieuwe wagens. Wat de mensen in de fabriek betreft hadden die auto’s er eerder kunnen zijn, maar het is wachten op de onderdelen, die over de hele wereld vandaan komen.” In Maleisië reed de Nederlander de race uit, maar het ging niet vanzelf. “Hij heeft het knap gedaan door dat ding over de finish te brengen”, zegt Paul Stoddart na de race. “Nu is er nog maar een race te gaan.”
Translation:

CA says we have to be realistic. With the current car there is not much to achieve. From Imola on it has to change with the three new cars. If it would depend on the crew in Faenza, the cars would be ready prior to Imola, but we must wait for parts that come from all over the world.

PS states that CA did a good job on finishing the 'thing'. Now there is only one race to go.

Comments

• Albers was on Dutch TV yetserday in a talkshow.
    The host asked him what his aim/goal was for this season.
    CA said: to finish races and to beat my teammate. We can't expect more !!!!
    :spank::spank:

What a dick!!!! He should have said that the goal is to beat the Jordan's !!!!!
    If this is his attitude, than he's NOT the right driver for our team !!!!:rolleyes:
  • I tend to agree.

It should have been 'once we get the new car, our aim is to beat the Jordans and give the long suffering fans at forzaminardi dot com something to cheer about'.

;)

• CA said: to finish races and to beat my teammate. We can't expect more !!!!
    Strange answer indeed. Let's hope that PF beats the Jordan's. CA would have to do the same then. :hehe: :hehe:
  • From grandprix.com:

Making Minardi go quicker

It is fair to say that this year the Minardi team's primary aim has not been on the race track, as the team has battled with the FIA over the rules. This is not about Minardi alone but with an old car the team's hopes in the early races were not high. The arrival of the PS05 is intended to vault the team forwards and Paul Stoddart hopes that it will put his team ahead of the Jordans. Going beyond that is going to be tough because the gap to the other eight teams is significant.

The PS05 should be a big step forward however as the team has not had a completely new car since 2002. It has been in development for a long period of time because the team has not had the money to do anything else. The other important point is that it will be a car which has been designed for the engine it will be using as opposed to being converted from a car that used a different engine. Paul Stoddart's desire is to beat Jordan and if possible to pick up points when others fail. In Christijan Albers and Patrick Friesacher he has one of the best Minardi driver line-ups in years. A change of car will of course open up the strategic possibilities in the races because tank-size is an important issue, particularly when the tyres have to go the distance in races and overtaking is tough. Money remains a problem but as always in F1 there is still the possibility that a smaller team can make an impression using brains rather than money. It is harder these days to challenge the big combines but one can make an impression in the midfield as Sauber has shown.

Gotta love Joe Saward, he really gives Paul and Minardi a fair go.

:) ;)

[Edited on 23/3/2005 by MinardiP1]
  • Albers was on Dutch TV yetserday in a talkshow.
    The host asked him what his aim/goal was for this season.
    CA said: to finish races and to beat my teammate. We can't expect more !!!!
    :spank::spank:

What a dick!!!! He should have said that the goal is to beat the Jordan's !!!!!
    If this is his attitude, than he's NOT the right driver for our team !!!!:rolleyes:
    Yes. Let's be unrealistic.
  • How is beating the Jordans when the PS05 comes on stream somehow 'unrealistic' Stan?
  • I don't think that's unrealistic. But it's not really worth mentioning when you're in a talk show. I don't think that the avarage public has a clue about Jordan anyway.
  • If it would depend on the crew in Faenza, the cars would be ready prior to Imola, but we must wait for parts that come from all over the world.
    Are we allready looking for excuses? Quousque tandem, Mr. Stoddart....
  • Simples truths. A majority of the gearbox is built by other companies.
  • Yes Jello, but in my opinion, there are too many hints that car won't be ready. Look at Stoddies Statement in the Press Release from Malaysia and now Christijan.

Damn, where's my blind optimism?

[Edited on 24/3/2005 by Homer]
  • I read a comment from PS after the race:

Good job by Albers to bring that "thing" across the finish.
    Thank god we only have one more race to go with it !!!!
  • "Thing" is a very good choice of words, indeed.

Well, let's hope you're right. I'm really looking forwars to this radical(?) PS05.:P
  • Somehow I have the feeling it will be less radical than we hope it will be.
  • Well it has already been confirmed by the team that the car will NOT be radical. Let's hope it will look nice though and, above all, can put Cosworth's power down on tarmac.
    As for beating Jordan, I'm afraid it will be hard even if the new car has potential. Monteiro is slow but Karthikeyan has shown some good stuff so far.
  • Im realistic about Minardi's performance.....Lets just be happy we get a new toy to play with...
    radical may not be the best thing. i would prefer respectable.
  • Let's hope for the car has potential, but also for a decent test program & a decent 3rd driver to bring the potential to the surface.
  • the Midlands have too much power for us to beat them imo
  • Am positive the new car will allow for some nice fights
    with the midlands. Maybe they won't be beaten every
    race, but at least the team should be able to push those
    two yellow cars and make them race for their money
  • I hope the chasis will be 1,5 seconds faster and the engine also 1.5, i don't know if this is realistic for the car and engine.
    I have heard that the engine they have now is 4 years old:o, if this is true i think the new engine will be a lot quicker, certainly by 1 second.
    The chasis is also 4 years old, with a bid of luck the chasis will be 2 second faster;)!
    They have now one and a half seconde delay on Jordan, if the new car is at least 3 seconds faster they will be ahead of the Jordans:rolleyes:
    Time will tell us the truth!
    Are they going to test the car after bahrein?

Ciao
  • Albers says that the car will test prior to the San Marino Grand Prix. When and where? Who knows.
  • Albers says that the car will test prior to the San Marino Grand Prix. When and where? Who knows.
    I'm betting on Misano, I don't see us testing at Fiorano or Mugello.
    At Misano we can see the differences in laps times but I doubt the weather conditions will be the same as the winter tests.
  • lets face it we ARE goin to beat those yellow bricks off the track

have faith my fellow minarding collegues
  • do we know how long the new car will be in service for , hopefully not like before = 3 years
  • No - The yellow cars will be the joke, going forward.

Minardi will be far too busy pushing Sauber and Red Bull around to worry about Judas.
  • If the enthusiasm of the mechanics Junior and I spoke with at the Aust GP is any indication, I can't wait for the PS05 to break cover. Any mention of the new car, was greeted with huge grins.
  • ...... because it wont be the PS04! :D
  • Was wondering if anyone had and more info (or where I cna find it) about the work on the PS05. Have looked at the cosworth website and www.minadri.it. But there is minimal info coming from a team that needs all the publicity it can get.

Obviously Minadri have a tight budget with regards testing etc. But if you have a fanatical fan base, you really should keep them up to speed.

So Aero wise does anyone know where in the developement process is the chassis / gearbox?
    How about the next time we can expect them out testing?

Go the underdog!!
  • Welcome Inkwazi,

I suppose the team is busy preparing fpr the Bahrein GP !!!
    After Bahrein they have 3 weeks untill the Imola GP !!!
    Expect the news and pics to break in those 3 weeks (testing, testing) !!!!!
  • welcome inkwazi!

stay tuned here I'd say:hehe:
  • inkawzi - welcome but it is Minardi not minadri.