Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Wilson in CHAMP Car (SJGP)

I'm not a BIG fan of CHAMP Car, but Justin Wilson and da Matta are now running in that series. They'll be coming to San Jose for the first ever downtown race. It's no F1, but it's worth a drive for those of us in Silicon Valley. Anyone from MCSF going?
http://www.sanjosegrandprix.com/tickets_public.html
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Drivers/DriverIndex.asp?LanguageID=1

Comments

• Yeah - I'll prob make it. At least some of the days. Have to keep supporting the formar Minardi drivers. Well, all except TDW.
  • Emmett...must...go...

Otherwise...vengeance...will...be...exacted...

Seriously, you people should consider yourselves lucky, I have to drive to freakin' Montreal to get my Champ Car fix.
  • you live in canada?
  • He lives in New Jersey

(Home of Jay and Silent Bob :D )
  • Jos will kick his ass! :spank:
    Accomplished Formula One driver Jos Verstappen made a first impression that his potential competitors will not soon forget, setting the third quickest time of the day
    ;)
  • What about Gaston?? I didnt hear any cheering for him last year!!:o
  • Is he still driving this year? if so we will give a big FM.com hello.

What is or how is the access to the paddock/drivers in the CART series?
  • thats because Gaston seriously sucked last year. He was in a league of his own behind everyone esle. Fortunatley for us, he wont be competing this year.
    Made worse by the fact that he took the seat of a somewhat talented former Minardi driver when he entered the series...

Not sure how it is at other events, but at Surfers paddock access is pretty good, you can get really close to the garages and scrutineering area with general admission.
  • Made worse by the fact that he took the seat of a somewhat talented former Minardi driver when he entered the series...
    Which one? If I may ask?
  • What is or how is the access to the paddock/drivers in the CART series?
    Access to drivers in anything but F1 and NASCAR seems pretty easy. Past CART/Indy/CHAMP events at Laguna made it as easy as buying a paddock pass. Check this link for pricing.
    http://www.sanjosegrandprix.com/tickets_public.html

You can walk right up to their trucks, and get run over by the cars coming in and out of the hot pit if you like. They usually have an autograph session too.

• Jos will kick his ass! :spank:
    That's right. We might have an opportunity to see Jos by then too! :cool:
  • [quote]Made worse by the fact that he took the seat of a somewhat talented former Minardi driver when he entered the series...
    Which one? If I may ask? [/quote]

This must be Alex Yoong (what did I win?)
  • He lives in New Jersey

Dude, I used to live within 20 minutes of Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash (which is actually run by Walt and Steve-Dave) down by the shore...but now I live in Central NJ.
  • [quote][quote]Made worse by the fact that he took the seat of a somewhat talented former Minardi driver when he entered the series...
    Which one? If I may ask? [/quote]

This must be Alex Yoong (what did I win?) [/quote]
    Nope...was our own Senor Marques who got the boot for Mazzacane last season.
  • Neither of which did CRAP other thanTarso breaking his own suspension with a tow cable.
  • [quote]He lives in New Jersey

Dude, I used to live within 20 minutes of Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash (which is actually run by Walt and Steve-Dave) down by the shore...but now I live in Central NJ. [/quote]

That's a comics-store, right ??
  • but now I live in Central NJ.
    What exit?

BTW - if you moved why the hell did you not move out of that craphole of a state?
  • thats because Gaston seriously sucked last year
    How could he spin on the warmup lap :hehe:
  • [quote]thats because Gaston seriously sucked last year
    How could he spin on the warmup lap :hehe: [/quote]

Okay! Movies please :hehe: :D :D

[Edited on 29/3/2005 by Stan]
  • ^ Thats asking a bit too much :(

Vancouver 2004:
    Gaston Mazzacane did not make the start of today’s event, spinning and hitting the frontstretch wall on the warmup laps. This marks the second-straight season that one of the Dale Coyne Racing machines have suffered accidents on the warmup laps in Vancouver. Both Geoff Boss and Gualter Salles crashed before the start of last year’s Vancouver race.
    :hehe:
  • [quote]but now I live in Central NJ.
    What exit?

BTW - if you moved why the hell did you not move out of that craphole of a state? [/quote]
    Exit 8.

I did get out of the toxic hell of NJ, and I lived a good life in Orlando for the better part of four years, but your goddamn President had to go and cancel the Comanche program because of his ill-advised war in Iraq.

I'm not bitter, or anything.
  • [quote][quote]He lives in New Jersey

Dude, I used to live within 20 minutes of Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash (which is actually run by Walt and Steve-Dave) down by the shore...but now I live in Central NJ. [/quote]

That's a comics-store, right ?? [/quote]
    It's the comic store owned by Kevin Smith, of "Clerks" fame.
  • Neither of which did CRAP other thanTarso breaking his own suspension with a tow cable.
    Tarso never did crap becuase he never had the chance.

In '98, he had a partial season in the last chassis that Penske built, and it was a dog.
    In '99, he competed in the only Swift in the feild, which, like the Penske, was a heap of crap that he maganed to get some half decent results of evey now and then.
    Last season, he only started three events, he was taken out at T1 in Long Beach, then after qualifying 10th, had the tow rope accident after RHR/AJ (can't remember which one) forced him off track in Mexico.
    Mazzacane came along with his chequebook and Tarso wasn't seen again until the season finale where an early pitstop more a mechanical gremlin put him a over a lap down at the begining of the race...
    Okay! Movies please
    Top row, right hand side.
    http://www.manicmotors.com/motorsport2004/champcars/2004motorsportseason_champcars_vancouver.htm
  • [quote][quote][quote]He lives in New Jersey

That's a comics-store, right ?? [/quote]
    It's the comic store owned by Kevin Smith, of "Clerks" fame. [/quote]
    So, are you a reader/collector ???
    I am !!
    I am also the co-moderator for an artist's fan-site.
    Check it : http://groups.msn.com/whilceportacio