Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Monty out

Juan Pablo Montoya hurt his shoulder playing tennis.
Probably he won't race in Bahrein (that's almost sure) and in San Marino and Spain.
De La Rosa should race in his place in Bahrein (since he already run the new car, Wurz didn't. they're working to put the austrian in the car for next races)

Comments

• What an idiot! He has 8 points and McLaren is fast, as Raikkonen showed in Malaysia. But missing 3 races he is out.

I don't know why Mclaren prefers Wurz to De la Rosa maybe because he's been longer with them and this would be the prize! But Wurz sucks!:spank:
  • Would be nice to have 2 Spanish drivers at the Barna GP !!!!
  • i agree with Manilo.
    PdlR > Wurz

Here's hoping he get his first win at the final Grand Prix of his career in front of the home crowd. :cool:
  • Time is running out for ol' Juan to make it big in F1 IMHO.

Good thing he has a hot old lady.
  • You're right Quig, he's wasted much time and many chances (especially 2003.....remember the disaster in Indy?)!
  • Can't wait to see de la Rosa on the track again.

Can't they just switch Kimi for Pedro?

*runs for cover*
  • Time is running out for ol' Juan to make it big in F1 IMHO.

Good thing he has a hot old lady.
    Stupid Champ Car drivers, making me look like an ass year in, year out. I always pull for these guys, and they've yet to work out overseas.

[Edited on 3/29/2005 by ThunderboltSeven]
  • How can you say Pedro de la Rosa is better than Alex Wurz!!

Look at Wurz's record he scored 26 points in 52 races to de la Rosa's poor 6 points in 67 races!!!

Wurz out scored Fisichella in 1999!

And not forgetting his overtaking manouver in Monaco in 1999 when he overtook Schumacher round the outside of the Loews Hairpin!!!
  • You can't really compare the 2, because Wurz drove for a good team, while Pedro drove for mediocre teams!!
  • Vote for Pedro!

• Hey - I hinted at JPM's old lady. Can't we go off topic on her for a while?
  • Seems like a genuinely decent person ... rare in the F1 paddock thats for sure. I wonder how she gets on with Kimis missus.
  • I thought we all discussed that Montoya's missus was a bit of a dog a while ago?
  • Wurz doesnt fit in the new Mclaren.
  • How can you say Pedro de la Rosa is better than Alex Wurz!!

Look at Wurz's record he scored 26 points in 52 races to de la Rosa's poor 6 points in 67 races!!!
    Such statistics are worthless in F1. How can you compare results between someone who drove for Benetton and someone who drove for Arrows and Jaguar ?

Forza PdlR.
  • OK, it's now officially confirmed:
    Montoya out for Bahrein !
    PdlR drives GP
    Wurz drives friday test !
    :D
  • Great! Forza Pedro! :D
  • I like delarosa, it would have been nice to have him in Minardi
  • Reach 4 the Stars with Pedro!
  • I hope the car doesn't fail him on Sunday (like Davidson in KL) !!!
  • So if statistics lie. What basis do you have to say de la Rosa is better than Wurz?
    You didn't see him setting fastest times for McLaren during pre season testing!
    Wurz set the fastest times for McLaren in all but one of the tests he took part in and the fastest times came at the end of long runs!
  • Benetton 2000something... Flavio interviewed in the pits
    "Fisico is doing fine, it's going to be a hard race, but we can do well".
    Question: "And Wurz?"
    Flavio: "I guess he must be sleeping at this time"
    Wurz was on the track :hehe:

• flavio absolutely hated wurz for some reason (okay, the guy was incredibly boring and a bit a moaner, well, that's Vienna for you)

but when he got the right equipment he wasn't THAT bad at all. Malaysia 2000, the only time he got exactly the same equipment as Fisico he was quite quick and being able to come up with a podium finish at only your third GP (and Benetton weren't that great in 97) shows that he's got quite some talent.