Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Bernie's views

From homeofsport.com
Bernie in sexist shocker - 23 June 2005
Female Indy 500 racer Danica Patrick has reacted with surprise to F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone's apparently sexist remark.

Just when it seemed F1 could sink no lower in the eyes of America, a quote - uttered prior to Sunday's six car disaster - caught the press' interest.

Quirky Bernie, 74, had jokingly claimed that women should 'dress in white, like all the other domestic appliances.'

Surprisingly, he even repeated the odd claim to Ms. Patrick, 23, in a private phone call.

'I can't believe he would say that directly to me,' Danica - who finished fourth in the 2005 Indy 500 - told reporters.

'Maybe that's his real feeling.

'It doesn't really matter because I'm in the Indy Racing League.'

Comments

• Quirky Bernie, 74, had jokingly claimed that women should 'dress in white, like all the other domestic appliances.'
    Bernies a legend :D
    Surprisingly, he even repeated the odd claim to Ms. Patrick, 23, in a private phone call.
    A big lengend :D :D