Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Paul Stoddart

2»

Comments

• ^ Here here.

2 cents: Paul can run his F1 team the way he wants, and you can run yours the way you want. Except you don't have one, because you suck.
  • If I owned Minardi I'd spend my time RUNNING the team not masturbating in front of any microphone or camera that showed itself.

Pound salt both you fuckers.
  • Actually, I see some parallels in the way you and Stoddart handle problems.
  • gentlemen, please, keep it neat!
  • That's it, I'm off. Toyota's the team for me.
  • and I've always liked Flavio, so I'm with Renault
    is www.allezrenault.com taken?
  • www.BMWin.com !!!!:P

Btw, who is this Sawbones that Lease is always referring to ????????
  • Petroltorque. Don't ask.
  • There is always bickering in any organization when there is limited or no cash. If Paul was this vocal and we had a year like TIOT had last year or where having a year like renault or mercedes all of this discussion would be moot. The problem is sponsers, or the lack thereof. Perhaps the real culprit is Paul for not hiring proper people who understand how to got to market and get sponsers and therefore get cash! With cash in hand the team would do better. Perhaps Paul has gotten us some publicity. I was in the Paddock Pentohouse at the USGP and when Paul came on the jumbotrom with a thumbs down a whole slew of people wanted to joint he MCSF. PR is PR. The PR could have been leveraged into some sponsership dollars had the sponsership director taken advantage of it. Unfortunately I'm not sure James Gilbride could sells iceboxes to the Saudi's.
  • i like mr. stoddard but he's looking with angry eyes mostly,
    calm down stoddard, come to Turkey and relax in turkish bath HAMAM :) hope to cya in 21 august
  • those turkish baths are co-ed aren't they? I'ld gladly climnb in there with Fabiana! :D
  • I tend to avoid these Stoddart posts now, for fear of offending the rather chippy antipodean brethren. But since Lease took the liberty of mentioning me in his post, here's my two pennarth.
    I don't think any seriuos Minardi fan could say Stoddart has made a good fist of running the team. His supporters just use the argument that he saved the team. Very true but it now resembles the walking dead.
    Pre-Stoddart Minardi had a reputation for technical innovation and developping young talent. Now the team cobble together a chassis and take any driver with the most Mullah!
    The big question is how come Stoddart has never succeeded in attracting a major sponsor. I fear they all shirk at having to deal with the man.
    What Stoddart has succeeded in achieved is the antipathy of the paddock. His vendetta against Moseley is doomed to failure. The rapprochement has already been achieved with the manufacturers, so F1 will always be an extreme technological forumula rather than a low rent one make series Stoddart seems to eschew.
    Ultimately we'll have to blame Rumi. But if you're dying of a painful stomach cancer, you have little choice to retain the future of loyal employees.
  • Hey, being largely correct doesn't give you the right to dare to criticise our glorious leader!
  • The big question is how come Stoddart has never succeeded in attracting a major sponsor. I fear they all shirk at having to deal with the man.
    I still think they just don't want to be sponsoring the losers. Minardi needs to get out of the circle, that's the only way to get sponsors.
  • The big question is how come Stoddart has never succeeded in attracting a major sponsor
    Because the marketing department are a bunch of FUCKS.

Seriously? We finish consistantly last, 2 or even 3 laps down at the finish. No one wants to back the loser.

[Edited on 18/7/2005 by Brooksey]
  • for fear of offending the rather chippy antipodean brethren
    I don't recall any of our crowd taking their ball and going home. As we know, Matt aint the only one that has cancelled his membership in the past .

...........Antipodes is all a matter of perspective, don't you know. We think that the antipodes is that rather quaint 2nd world zone known as..........well, you guess.
  • Irrespective of your geographical perspective...I doubt we will see Minardi continuing in the present position for much longer. The reason? Money..no-one sees fit to say how the team can continue with poor results and no funding, especially in light of the season they will face next year.
    As to a buyer, another entrepeneur. It is possible for an entrepeneur to make a success of F1. Any backer needs to come from a technology background where there are deep technology benefits and business to business synergy. All of which have been lacking with Mr Stoddart.