Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Spa - EMO Hannover

Hey folks,

It turns out that I am probably making a trip to the EMO show in Hannover Germany from 14-21 September. This is the BUSINESS part to the trip. I wasn't convinced that this was a good idea until I realized that Spa was the weekend before! I'll probably fly in on 9 September but not sure where is the best place to fly into for both the race and the show. If anyone can provide any insight into how far Hannover is from Spa, places to stay, things to do, etc. I will be eternally grateful. Aiko Aiko.

Comments

• Hannover is about 400 km. from Spa. Duesseldorf (the place I was born!) lies right in the middle and has an international airport.
    Maybe Homer can help you with a program.
  • Hannover to Spa? About 400 km.

I never traveled to Hannover so far, but maybe this could help you:

http://www.hannover.de/english/language/sprachve/ha_basic.htm

[Edited on 10/8/2005 by Homer]
  • Bernie
    Murph and I were in Spa last year and stayed in Aachen about 30mins from the track, easy access. Just over 200 miles from Hannover.
  • Thanks for the insights guys. Any ideas on where to get tickets and if I need seperate tic's for qual's and the race?

dang, I should have started this thread in the PUB as it's perhaps more appropo there... sorry about that
  • http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/fr/ticket/form_f1.htm

You can get weekend-tickets and sunday-only....
  • Does anybody have any ideas if I can rent a Lotus esprit during my trip? Do rental car agencies rent those? anybody have any contacts?
  • Any word from Murph?
  • Quig,
    murph got me over two emails which were very helpful. Let's see if the email I sent to our potential sponsor friend works out. Spa could be cool it if works out and james comes thru. perhaps you should copy Massimo on what I cc'd you on...
    I fired off an email to ger @ murph's suggestion. I'll wait to hear back from him. Time zone diff's and all...Lot's of stuff coming converging together right now on the business front. I may really want to talk to you about what we discussed... it may be sooner rather than leter if we can pull off even half the stuff I got floating in the air right now. Damn, we may need some serious people soon if it happens. Our sponser friend plays very well into that on both fronts if it works.
  • Bernie did you get my email?
  • just got it. Thank you!
  • They don't rent the esprit but maybe the Lotus Elise RED Sport Edition is an option:

http://www.red-motorsport.de/html/vermietung.html

I must say it looks nice and - what a coincidence - very near Duesseldorf. The site says you have to contact them early in case you want to make a reservation!
  • WOW! I don't speak German! Damn, I gotta get that translated!
  • I tried a translation program. It appears that that is for a 30 minute test drive for 199 euro's??? is that correct?
  • No, that's for a whole day!!
    If you're really interested you can contact them in English. No problem. Even Homer understands some English ;)
  • Even Homer understands some English ;)
    What does he say?
  • bernie, I wish you all the best in hiring a Lotus but will be surprised if you can. There aren't that many Esprits in the UK and none I've seen for international rental.
  • Viges Old Bean, have you offed the Lotus yet?
  • Yes, its gone to the big part exchange in the sky (sniff).
  • Part exchange/ Did you stack it up or did you trade it in for a mini van?
  • Trade in for a more sensible vehicle (sniff) don't bloody rub it in Quig ...
  • C5 Estate is nice
  • Unfunny.
  • You're right, a C5 Estate is extremely unfunny
  • Did anyone else read that as cs_estate and think of Counter-Strike?
  • well, things are progressing. I got my flights! I arrive Friday morning in Dusseldorf! Now I just gotta work out getting soem tickets and a motel...

Who else is going to the race so I can hook up and buy them a beer?
  • You buy, I'll fly!
  • Emmett,

Call me. We need to arrange shipment of the MCSF stuff for Spa
  • Still waiting on sizes from JG - pinged him today - but you still have a little time.

• when running low on ammo in the midst of a firefight things like

"but you still have a little time"

tend not to inspire confidence

Just an FYI