Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Red Bull - Minardi

124»

Comments

• Minardi-Red Bull deal done

Sunday at Spa, September the eleventh, could well be the day when Paul Stoddart reveals that his Minardi F1 team has been sold to Red Bull. According to solid speculation in Belgium, the deal was done on Friday afternoon, even though the rumour mill's 6pm official buyout announcement never occurred.

It is now reported that Dietrich Mateschitz - not a regular in the Paddock - and right-hand-man Dany Bahar, will arrive at Spa Francorchamps on Saturday evening, possibly to let the cat out of the bag sometime Sunday.

Stoddart admitted that some sort of announcement 'could be' made in the Belgian Ardennes, "but my gut feeling is that it's more likely closer to Brazil," he told the Autosport website. "I would miss it unbelievably ... but the team is more important than any individual," the Australian added.
    f1racing.net

This will probably be the end of Minardi. :( An eara ends here. Minardi was just doing so well.
    What will be the concequence for F1? Team USA is not allowed to race Red Bull and Red Bull isn't allowed to race Ferrari. Michelins next year?
    And another team on Bernies side now.

• i am very much reluctant to get excited about anything that is reported in F1racing.net which must be one of (if not THE) worst F1 web site out there.
  • Lets just wait and see....................................
  • Yeah, but the quote is from autosport!
  • the 50/50 one. Autosport never said the deal was done..
  • they are riding on quotes that are up to a week old and just change the headline. the word "stakkers" comes to mind:rolleyes::rolleyes::hehe:
  • What I can't understand is why would someone go to all the expense to buy out and ruin a historical F1 team, branding it a cheesey name like 'Team USA' to advertise an energy drink in a country that has an almost non-existant fan base for the category which that team races in? :rolleyes:
  • That's the next thing. we have absolutely no idea what their plans are. the team usa thing is just sucked out of somebody's pen because he said he wanted to do that with jaguar or had similar plans with dobbie.
  • the 50/50 one. Autosport never said the deal was done..
    I mean the "I would miss it" quote. Sounds to me that a deal has been done.
  • "I would miss it" sounds like the deal is possible, but not done...
  • F1Total.com is reporting that the deal was confirmed within this minutes at Spa...
  • Brooksey,
    "branding it a cheesey name like 'Team USA' to advertise an energy drink in a country that has an almost non-existant fan base for the category which that team races in?"

Red Bull has been losing market share in the US to the rash of Energy drinks sprouting up from the likes of Pepsi. It's fits with their long term plan to increase sales and awareness with the USA driver search. Nascar makes tons of $$$ just on the merchandising. The GDP of the US is pretty damn high and it''s a good market. With a US driver and a Team USA it would probably start to get alot of airplay... that's advertsing that cannot be purchased right now. The sponsers who might jump on the bandwagon boggles the mind. F1 getting popular int he US market has all the pieces in place. Memories of Mario, his grandson racing... the recent big hit with Danica at Indy in an open wheeel race. Just from the marketing standpoint Red Bull could has a great deal! It works on so many different levels! If paul only got $35M for it and no back end buy out or revenue stream he could be pretty sad in the future. I suspect the real money is yet to come.

...and with money comes technolgy and team support! Also by branding it as TEAM USA it means Minardi is not relagated to a back-bencher postion beihind red bull. We won't have to get TIOT reject tyres for example. Dang, the more I think about it the more postive possibilities come out....

But, the proff will be in the pudding.