Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Albers abandons ship...

2»

Comments

Cap'n RJ. I'll always think of you when I open a box of fish sticks.
  • I agree. Albers was great this season. I'd even dare to say he deserves better than Midland.

I heard Robert was going to sign a contract for another season with Minardi this weekend. But wasn't able to do so anymore when Paul sold the team.
  • good luck to albers (bravo!).
    better luck to minardi (forza!)
  • Bernie, you don't want to go to Sealand. There are problems:

1. They are in a border dispute with Atlantis

2. The Clamus is a fixed index currency that is way over valued. This makes travel almost impossible as no-one will buy it

3. Since all houses are effectively waterfront, rich people feel disenfranchised and quickly move back to Malibu

4. It is regularly bullied by military powerhouses like New Zealand

5. President Matesich only bought it in the first place because there were so many Americans living there
  • Back to Albers

Grandprix.com reported the following...

Albers and Midland
    The Rotterdam newspaper Het Algemene Dagblad this morning published a story suggesting that Christijan Albers has signed a two-year deal with Midland F1. Swift action is probably a good idea now that Minardi has been taken over and the number of a rent-a-car F1 drives is down to two for 2006, unless any new teams actually appear, which is not very likely in the time available.

Albers knows team boss Colin Kolles from German Formula 3 back in 1999 when Team Kolles Racing was starting out and Albers was driving for the super-successful Bertrand Schafer team.

Our spies suggest that Albers is keen to do a deal but there are one or two questions over whether he has the sponsorship money that is needed to get the Midland F1 drive. The suggestion we have heard is that the drive will cost $6m in 2006.

Alber's should be considered for the drive just on talent. THe boy is good. Any sponsorship money is just a bonus! I feel for both drivers, they were a good paring...