Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Sign the petition !

The Scuderia Minardi F1 was repurchased by Red Bull.

The firts November 2005 Red Bull will take control of it.

The site "Les Minardistes" wish to address to Red Bull this petition to convince them to keep the name of Minardi for the stable and also to preserve the services of Giancarlo Minardi.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/minardif1

Comments

• was just having the same thought

should we make our own, gang?
  • Of course! What the hell are we waiting for?

€: http://www.petitiononline.com/petition.html

Who will start it? RJ? Emmo?

[Edited on 12/9/2005 by Homer]
  • I signed it on the original. I don't see the sense in starting two seperate ones. Speak with one voice and all that.
  • I signed it on the original. I don't see the sense in starting two seperate ones. Speak with one voice and all that.
    I did the same Bernie!
  • I signed.
    Rj, what about topping this topic?
  • I signed plus signed for the rest of my F1 watching family.
  • bosco: what about changing the text to english?
  • we can always sign twice! sign both of them like I am doing!
  • hold your fire guys, I'm working on an "official" forza one, just some tech bugs to be fixed and we're rolling
  • yes beacuase I tried to enter Homer's but there were thousands of thousands of petition and I couldn't find it after half an hour!!!!
  • Sorry Neil, I didn't start one, it was just a hint to RJ to start a petition over there....
  • I ad the text in German. ;)

• wow 58 already. We need more.
  • What you have to do is post it on the boards of:

News on F1

Pitpass

Atlas

Planet F1

F1 Live

Grand Prix.com

and any others.

That's the only way to get any real numbers.
  • guys, good old stan is coding his ass off at the moment to make a clean petition that just has the names of the undersigned and we'll come up with a text that people can sign. like this is very nice but it is not presentable.

i'm on f1podcast tomorrow (was scheduled for today but due to technical issues they will record tomorrow) and will promote it.
  • All the Minardi Clubs need to be brought in on this one. I'll see what I can do with Montreal but we need an Italian speaker to contact the Italian speaking groups - Roma etc.

Salvo?
  • Will sign whatever has to be signed!
  • Grazie - mille grazie mi amico.

Check your email soon.

SEMPRE
  • me too, I can some signatures also from my mum, dad, wife, firends etc etc....!
  • Sorry Neil, I didn't start one, it was just a hint to RJ to start a petition over there....
    :spank::spank::spank:
  • sure, quig, I can talk to the clubs.
    But for a new petition?
  • If I may add an idea for the new/second petition content:

1. Keep the 'Minardi' name as part of the new team name
    2. Continue to employ GCM in the new team structure (if he wishes so)
    3. Keep the team in Faenza and continue to employ as many present Minardi personnel as possible

While the present petition covers 1. and 2., I think 3. is also important and missing.

Thoughts ?

Edit: According to the interview, at least 3. seems to be assured for by the Red Bull CEO...

Q: What assurances can you give the current Minardi staff about their future?

DB: Our past record shows that as a company we are a fair one and we have given our word that the factory will stay in Faenza indefinitely and we have offered to keep the staff. But to develop and improve the team in the future we need to make some changes within key staff and management. Paul is aware of that.

Source: http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft15590.html

1 goal achieved, 2 to go...

[Edited on 13/9/2005 by bladerunner]
  • Another - sort of confirmation or at least reassurance from Stoddart on 3. today after there were some rumblings in the press:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=25858

About the petition again on point 1.

- What are the next steps ?

- Is there a goal (numbers of signatures) ?

- Will there be a planned meeting with Red Bull to hand over the petitions etc. or something similar ?

- What if the petition alone doesn't help (I'm sorry to say this is highly likely ) ? Are any Forum member willing to go further ?

We should have this planned well before Nov 1 to step up / escalate this further.

Eg. if Red Bull takes over, they could immediately take down the Minardi.it website.

-> All addresses on the Minardi.it site -> fan clubs would be lost. We should have backups.
    Some sites are already closing down or giving up...

http://www.minardiforever.de.vu/

I already tried to contact these informing them aboiut the petition and asking not to give up yet :).

Anyway, just some ideas...

I'm willing to help, but we will need a long-term WAR PLAN / ACTION PLAN then beyond the current petition(s) :)

Just wanted to know what the other plans and ideas from forum members since I was following this forum in read mode only when things were better...

I for one am willing to take this further if needed...

[Edited on 14/9/2005 by bladerunner]

[Edited on 14/9/2005 by bladerunner]
  • i'd say at the current rate of signatures 5000 should be possible. then i'd have to separate the wheat from the chaff because unfortunately there are still some idiots out there who spam something like this

i will then print out the signatures and send them in a registred letter to the ones in charge
  • RJ - we need to get in touch with all of the Minardi CLubs - most are based in Italy so we need to get the message to them in italian. Salvo? Any of the Italians up for it? The list is over at TOMS.
  • Send it to them!? Bah! It wouldn't make it past the secretary’s office. I say we take it to their doorstep.

• RJ, some thoughts:

- On the petition page, please add text that explains how vital it is that everyone signs with their FULL and REAL name. Now some people are, probably without thinking twice, signing with their nick like 'the red brachetta' or with just their first name - 'Mia'. Full names are what carry value, not nicks that cannot be confirmed.

You might want to consider modifying the PHP code so that it requires all names to be in the form of "XX XX", ie. minimum requirement of two words.

- With the rate this is going, Stan or someone else probably needs to write a PHP program that does some basic sorting when you finally are sending out the review. Some things to look out for are duplicates of the same name and incomplete names. That would make it easier to clean out the rubbish, as there would not be so much manual labour involved.

- Of course, manual filtering is also required in the end; at least Jean Todt and Paul Stoddart have apparently 'signed' the petition. Regarding PS, it might be neccessary to confirm whether it's really him or some joker - names like Jean Todt or Ron Dennis can probably be trashed without a second thought.
  • Latest addition - Matt Bishop? Do you think it could be the Matt Bishop? Reveal yourself! :D :P

(in case some of you don't know - F1 Racing Magazine editor in chief)

[Edited on 14/9/2005 by Brooksey]
  • driver's right. Especially in the last point. Silly signatures spoil our efforts.
    And the emails should be hidden, I guess.
  • Jean Todt had a change of heart?