Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

from ITV-F1.com - interesting, especially the last sentence

If Red Bull just wanted somewhere to place its drivers and devote a team to the USA (still a massive untapped market for them) they could have just come in as title sponsors with driver naming rights.

That would’ve cost them less than half of what they paid for the whole team, so there’s more to it than the drivers.

There’s a vote in F1 meetings and ownership of one of the F1 franchises. The Minardi name, by the way, will only disappear if all the other team bosses agree.

Comments

• I do not remember a vote when Tyrell went away - but then again that as actually part of Ken's deal if I remember correctly.
  • Maybe here there's another breach to the Minardi guerila to explore. Two teams under the same ownership, in principle, could have strange sporting consequences. If this had happen up the grid, there would be a lot of strong words against the deal.

So, if you consider the fact that a lot of people think of TOIT as the evil empire, and that RBR will have links to them, another team under the belt of this two would fit well in the plot. So, it wouldn't be bad for the Minardi cause if people start saying that, in the sporting spirit, the team should keep maximum possible independence. Keeping GCM around (and the name) would be a nice way to do it.
  • we have just breached the 2000 mark
  • I spotted that a short while ago. At this rate it will be well in excess of 3000 when I wake up tomorrow morning. (Australian time)

We could be looking at a total of around 10,000? That would definately hurt 'Red Bull Light'.