Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Amsterdam Press Conference

2»

Comments

• Not to detract from RJ's hard work, but he's still yet to get into the factory for a photo tour. ;)
    Jello - I have equal or better photos from inside faenza!
  • Now now, let's be nice and share!
  • F1-racing.net
    News
    23 December 2004
    Paul Stoddart happy with Christijan Albers
    Today was a special day for the Minardi team and Dutch driver Christijan Albers. Finally Albers is confirmed for a race seat in next year's Formula 1 season. Minardi and Albers almost had a deal two years ago. Now the time is here for them to work together.

advertisement

Team principal Paul Stoddart was very pleased to make this announcement. "It is a very special day for all of us," he told F1Racing.net. "I am very happy that Christijan made it. Two years ago we were close, but we were not able to close the deal in the end. He never gave up, kept on trying and now he's made it. I am very proud of him."

It is well-known that Minardi is the slowest team in F1. The two cars are most of the time at the back of the grid and scoring points is only possible when other teams fail to finish. What is the point of driving for Minardi? "Well, I think we have a solid package. That is for sure. A young driver like Christijan can show what he is capable of, even though he will not win races. It is a good environment to start in F1. We have launched a lot of talents, like Mark Webber and Fernando Alonso. Hopefully we can give Christijan a good start with his career in F1."

Christijan Albers was of course more then happy. "Finally, we made it to F1. I am very happy. It had to happen now, and it did. I am really looking forward to the season, it will be strange, just to be there, but I am sure I will get used to being an F1 driver quickly. I can not wait for the first race!"

Paul Stoddart also announced that Minardi will be driving with the 2004 chassis in the first three races. Albers will be testing at Misano with the old car next month. The 2005 chassis will make its debut at Imola

So confirmed 2004 chassis for 1st 3 races
  • Keywords from the article:

- PS thinks we have a solid package.
    - 2004 chassis race 1-3 and 2005 chassis in Imola.
    - Testing at Misano in January !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
  • So confirmed 2004 chassis for 1st 3 races
    Now, let's be crazy for a moment. If we improve our old car a little bit, maybe we can score points in the first three races without havin 12 other drivers out. The other teams will lose about 3 secounds... so... why not?
  • Because it's the 2004 chassis, but with 2005 aero !!!
  • lets be positive about this, point in the first races may be a little optimistic but it's not even the end of December and we've got one driver confirmed, who seems to be pretty quick, and bringing some decent backers, we have a NEW chassis comfirmed for Imola (especially for the FM.com visit)
    a secure deal for a current engine, testing confirmed for the new year and Zsolt likely to be driving the second car!!!:D

When was the last time things looked this positive for Minardi at this stage?:D
  • Because it's the 2004 chassis, but with 2005 aero !!!
    Realitiy is a terrible illusion, based on lack of alcohol....
    and Zsolt likely to be driving the second car!!!
    Is that so positive? And how sure it is? Stoddie said some days ago that if it would only depend on talent, Friesacher would be set for 2005 and he doesn't give him any deadline to find sponsors. According to german Press, Montagny is also trying to get the secound cockpit.
  • That just looks akward....
    Usually I'm the cynic in here but I think this really is heartfelt. CA raced for Stoddie's F3000 outfit in 2000 (he had Gericom backing in those days). PS supported CA ever since his first F1 test with Minardi in 2001 and told anybody who wanted to know that the boy deserved an F1 ride!
  • Yes I know there relationship is good but the photo seems rather ill-timed.
  • News from a Dutchie:

A new press conference is scheduled for Jan 27th, again in Amsterdam, to announce Albers sponsors etc.
  • Are they EVER going to get rid of the PS01's? Why do we still have them! :spank:
  • The PS01's are just for these sort of shows !!!!

About Montagny: wasn't he supposed to stay at Renault as 3rd driver ????
  • According to F1Total.com, he said that he's still in contact with Minardi and if everything goes well with the money, he has a big chance to get the cockpit.
  • Montagny and Albers would be a respectable line up.

Albers and Zsolt, not that exciting.
  • Minardus, from memory, Montagny's contract stipulated that Flavio Briatore was to find him a race seat for '05, if not he was "free" to go and find one himself. That's the reason a lot of people assumed that he would get the gig next to Alonso when Trulli left.

Maybe Flav has been talking to Stoddie secretly???? So either Flav is going to pay Minardi for a seat for Montagny, ala Mark webber, or maybe, we could get some tech support of some kind from Renault. Who knows, not me. But the rumours about Montagny at Minardi seem to be building.
  • On the official Renault F1 site the 3 drivers listed are : Alonso, Fisico and Montagny !!!
    BTW, did he assist the fitness training in Kenia ??

http://www.renaultf1.com/en/public/noflash/drivers/montagny/