Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

COULTHARD - I hate him, but...

COULTHARD - I hate him from his days at McLaren, but what a great season he has had in the Red Bull car. When you think how rubbish Jaguar were last season and then compare Coulthards 24 points this with 1 race to go, with his 24 points from last season. It's pretty remarkable.

That Cosworth engine has really done a great job for them. Coulthards experience has obviously done wonders for the team.

Comments

• He's done a stellar job.

I made the comment after Melbourne that Webbo must've been sitting there following Coulthard thinking 'f*ck! I helped develop that damn thing!' :hehe:

The Cosworth has been very good, particularly early in the year.

I'll tell yuz, I think Williams Cosworth are going to be very good next year. Webber will have had input into the car, and I think his setup abilites will really shine thru in the FW28. :)
  • Coulthard has done well, but would you have expected less? This guy is sussposed to be a top driver remember. He has had no pressue at all and has done well, though it must be said that the Jaguar was improving greatly by the end of last year. I think Klien is also a good driver, could he be off to Williams???

In terms of development, I agree, Webbo is very good in that area. With Renault, Jaguar he did a fine job with development of the car. Just look at the Jag at the start of this year. Having said that, the driver plays a small part in the development, but an important one. Webber will has the chance to develop a car around his style. Williams have good reason to be optimistic, cosworth will be strong and the FW28 will be up there as well. I think Bridgestone will also be strong considering that they will have some strong teams to assist with the development, unlike this year with TOIT doing the only real development testing. I just hope they get a strong driver to teamate Webber.

[Edited on 10/10/2005 by TasM]
  • yes, coulthard was the greatest surprise for me this year.
  • The greatest surprise to me this year is TOIT :hehe::hehe:
  • He is good reacer and He have good car = POINTS :D

When He started in McLaren I like him more than Hakkinen or Raikkonen :)
  • The greatest surprise to me this year is TOIT :hehe::hehe:
    and we all like pleasant surprises like that!!!
  • Glad he's done so well. He's really changed. He's become the old Grandpa Redbull.

Him moving as done him good. Interesting about his opinion on a "hollow" championship this year.

Hope he wins another race before he leaves F1.