Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Nice comments from Alonso and Fisi on Minardi

RENAULT STARS SAY THANKS TO MINARDI
Last Updated: Monday, 10, October, 2005, 12:06

Renault stars Fernando Alonso and Giancarlo Fisichella have paid tribute to their former team Minardi which is about to embark on its last race before becoming the Red Bull "junior team"

Minardi owner Paul Stoddart announced at the Belgian Grand Prix that he had sold his team to energy drinks magnate Dietrich Mateschitz, so next weekend's race in China will be its last.

Alonso and Fisichella, like many others, began their careers at Minardi and said they would be sorry to see it disappear.

“I am very sad to see them go," said Fisichella.

"My first test was there, my first F1 race too, and I have to say thank you to Giancarlo Minardi for the opportunity.

The atmosphere was fantastic, with the Italian mechanics, and we laughed all the time. It is a great team, and they will always have a place in my heart.”

Alonso his F1 debut with the Faenza team in 2001 and wowed Formula 1 with some giant-killing performances before being snatched up by Renault.

“I think Minardi has always been an example for a lot of people," he said.

"It is not the power of money that gives them their fighting spirit, it is the power of the people.

"They were a good thing for F1: now, it is often all about business, but with Minardi, everything was just about motor racing.”

www.itv-f1.com
--end--

Thanks boys!!! :D

Comments