Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Albers about Doornbos

from F1Racing.net

Albers hits out at Doornbos
Since Robert Doornbos joined his compatriot Christijan Albers at Minardi the two have had an uneasy relationship. Albers and Doornbos aren't the best of friends and Albers claims that the atmosphere at Minardi declined when Doornbos replaced Patrick Friesacher.

"Doornbos is being hyped by the Dutch press as if he's a huge talent. But I keep beating him, so what does that make me? Superman?" Albers told the Dutch press. "The most important part of driving for a team is improving the car and he hasn't done that at all - actually he hasn't made one improvement at Minardi since he joined us. F1 is all about improving the car. Not about telling everyone how much you enjoyed the GP weekend over and over again. Robert isn't a bad driver, but he just doesn't help the team to go forward."

"Patrick (Friesacher) helped the team go forward," Albers added. "With him we kept improving the car and since Doornbos joined we didn't develop the car that quickly any more."

Comments

• :hehe: national rivalirity... good spice for the dutch press.
  • I dont believe Albers is 100% the reason for recent improvements and Ive seen Doornbos ahead of him too, they are about even in my opinion. One may be better at helping the team forward, but the mechanics/engineers are the ones that can tell us that.
  • I can't see this helping Albers.
    'geen woorden maar daden'
  • From an article on Fok.nl
    Hoofd-ingenieur van Minardi Andy Tilly zegt overigens dat hij de presentaties van Albers beter vindt dan die van Doornbos. Wel geeft hij aan dat ook laatstgenoemde coureur goed werk heeft gedaan.
    Andy Tilly is quoted that he finds that Albers has performed better than Doornbos, but that te latter also did a good job.
  • "Patrick (Friesacher) helped the team go forward," Albers added. "With him we kept improving the car and since Doornbos joined we didn't develop the car that quickly any more."
    I somehow doubt this. I think ever since Doornbos joined a competetive atmosphere was created. And I think it only could have helped.

By the way, this really shows Christijan's character.

Waiting until the season is over until you really say what you think about someone. In my opinion he should either have trashed Doornbos during the season, or he should have kept his mouth shut.

Oh yes, and by the way. I would appreciate it if someone would agree with me for a change. ;P

[Edited on 20/10/2005 by Stan]
  • I'm with ya Stan.

Just read in F1 mag that CA had a real blow-up over a photo shoot involving clogs.

Real petulant stuff according to the report.

It was emberrassment all 'round apparently.
  • See what happens Stan!

Have courage of your convictions man.

Next Lease will ask you out for a drink.
  • I posted already at the beginning of the season Minardi signed this time 'the real dutch wanker'. And he keeps proving it again and again...
  • Two bald men arguing over a comb.
  • maybe he's just pissed that minardi's going and unfortunately doornbos is the target of his anger.
  • i think CA did a brilliant job, qualifying in 15th from time to time ahead of considerable rivals was a class act. the guy has a future in F1 (and even Martin Brundle would agree with me on this one for a change). Doornbos wasn't doing that bad though.