Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Which Car next Year

Will te re-named team use the PS05 or this years RB car? Apologies if this has already been covered.:D

Comments

• As far as I know the FIA as well as the teams still frown upon copying designs. Seems to me the only possibility is developing the PS05.
  • Would be nice to see Tilley with a bit of cash available to see what he could do with the tub.
  • Would be nice to see Tilley and Tredozi STILL AT Faenza!
  • Yes, that would be nice

Maybe they can finish the PS05 with the redbull money, and upgrade the nose section to the radical one what Stoddart mentioned at the beginning of the year.
  • one thing is for sure: they should use RB's gearbox, it would solve a lot of the problems(DNF's)
  • Red Bull's gearbox is cast with suspension mounting points for suspension that was used with Michelin tyres. We have a solid gearbox that just needs to be brought up to current standards in terms of durability as engine power has increased greatly since it was introduced. Also now with some money the team won't have to make parts last longer than they should as they often did in the past.
  • face it: the gearbox is the weakest point of the Minardi and it has been for years(also in 2003 for instance, and that engine was'nt that powerfull)
  • I think you're sort of exagerating it
  • Reliability issues are to be expected when you're using parts twice as long as the supplier suggests.
  • This illustrates how far Minardi have fallen technologically. The Ti box was a trend setting idea. It works but it has not undergone any development. As has been stated running parts beyond their mileage or time limit does not help either.
    I still say that RB will need to hire a designer. Tilley is an engineer and the Tredozzi? Tilley nexus has not cracked the car car concepts need for the regs.
  • I'm not sure that we can judge Andy in a fair manner considering the budget that he's had to work with. On the contrary I think he and the team have shown good things with the money they had. Clearly I think he deserves a chance with Red Bull and if not, who else could fill the role?
  • Remember when the PS05 was introduced?

There was lots of talk on these boardsre. Minardi's near gearbox and when it would be ready.
    Remember it wasn't ready at Imola. The team was waiting for some parts coming out of USA.

So there WAS a new gearbox this year !!!!!!!:spank: