Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

2006 calendar

12 March Bahrain
19 Mar Malaysia
02 April Australia
23 April San Marino
07 May Europe
14 May Spain
28 May Monaco
11 June Great Britain
25 June Canada
02 July United States
16 July France
30 July Germany
06 August Hungary
27 August Turkey
10 September Italy
17 September Belgium
01 October Japan
08 October China
22 October Brazil*

* Subject to contract approval
So, again 19 races if Brazil doesn't get kicked!
And NO summer break for the mechanics !!!!:o

Comments

• Bahrain is such a limp season opener.
  • I guess the confirm of Belgium in mid-September after Italy (it would have been more logical to invert it with Turkey), the move of Silverstone to June and of Melbourne to April are an attempt to get more rain.
  • #Melbourne is moved for one year only because of the Commonwealth Games.

#Silverstone rain in July, June - doesn't really matter!

#Bernie will have checked the World Cup fixture list too.

#Turkey-Italy-Belgium is purely logistic.
  • Simon, living in Egypt I can assure you it can be logistic but not logical to race in Turkey in mid-August, with 40 degrees!
    Then, logistic for who? For some teams, not for others. And what's logistic in moving from Turkey to Italy to Belgium to then go to Japan? It would have been more logistic to go from Belgium to italy to Turkey and then from Turkey to Japan!

Thanks for reminding me about the Commonwealth games (I recall now I had read about it months ago, but had totally forgotten).
    As for Silverstone, yeah, you're right, in England June or July does not really matter, and anticipating it Bernie has just avoided the coincidence between some important game of the World Cup with French or British GP.
  • Glad to see that even with the reported financial problems facing Spa.......... Monza & Spa are still back to back. Ger, Quig, & moi are making plans for both races.......... hope that we will run into our fellow "Minardifest '05ers" at one or both venues....... even Viges !!!......... of course if he brings a f^*&$#@ McLaren flag I WILL burn it.................. not a threat....that is a promise..........................

ciao y'all
  • Cool - it looks like Minardifest 06 is on - we have WAY more time to plan this time. Lets start thinking folks.

• And NO summer break for the mechanics !!!!
    Not true. In fact there appears now to be two summer breaks:

Australia - San Marino = 21 days

Hungary - Turkey = 21 days

• Murph, don't fret, it'll be the Minardi flag. Spa interests me - a slightly shorter drive than Imola!
  • [quote] And NO summer break for the mechanics !!!!
    Not true. In fact there appears now to be two summer breaks:

Australia - San Marino = 21 days

Hungary - Turkey = 21 days

[/quote]

:rolleyes: I totally miscalculated