Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Webber defends Minardi staff

F1racing.net:
Mark Webber has urged Red Bull to 'keep the faith' with his old mates at Minardi's Faenza factory. The Australian, who today drives for Williams, started his career under Paul Stoddart's regime in 2002, and laments the 'inevitable' sale of Minardi to a bigger fish.

"Minardi is a team I'll never forget," 29-year-old Webber said. "Driving for Paul was an absolute pleasure. He's the type of no-bullshit guy the sport needs -- unlike some of our more precious souls in pitlane."

Webber has a lot of time for the countryman at the helm, but it's the Italians back at HQ that really make Minardi tick.

Indeed, Mark calls them 'some of the best blokes' in F1. Webber explained: "I hope Red Bull keep the faith with the Minardi staff as they are passionate, incredibly hard working and will walk over coals for their drivers."

"And I'd like to think we haven't seen the last of Paul."

Comments

• As drivers go, I think Webbo and Fisi are Minardi's most vocal supporters or the current drivers on the grid that started with Minardi.
  • Very nice to see someone other than us sticking up for the guys but I think a few more of our ex drivers could speak out