Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Worldchampion not voted as driver of the year

From Feed me F1:
Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Fernando Alonso might be world champion, but he was not 'Driver of the Year' in 2005.

That is the finding of the UK's authoritative 'F1 Racing' magazine, which invites its readers to vote for the awards' winners each year.

While Spain's Alonso, 24, picked up the 'Man of the Year' title, it was Kimi Raikkonen who took home the coveted 'Driver of the Year' plaudit.

F1 Racing said that 43,612 readers voted in 2005.

Kimi's mount, the ten-time winning MP4-20, grabbed 'Car of the Year', with Williams' BMW-powered FW27 just ninth, ahead of Jordan but pipped by Minardi.

F1 Racing's December issue goes on sale on Tuesday.
the best part is of course:
with Williams' BMW-powered FW27 just ninth, ahead of Jordan but pipped by Minardi

:D:D

Comments

• Kimi was dfinitely the driver of the year.
    Even though it is true Fernando did not give 100%, still, without the bad luck he had all year round, Kimi would have been world champion.
    Moreover, if you look at single performances, there is hardly a single performance by Fernando that will be remembered, while Kimi delivered several classics (starting from the comeback and surpass of Fisico at Suzuka).

Yep, title of Driver of the Year is fully deserved IMHO.