Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Rep Murtha

2»

Comments

• ANYTHING but Double Secret Probation!
  • ya got that !

[Edited on 6/1/2006 by Murph]
  • Emmo

check your e-mail on September activities....
  • MCSF Quoted Spin:

You are truly off your rocker - bad morale gets people killed at a higher rate then normal combat. Same treatment the left/anti war crowd pulled on the Viet Nam vets. I love how all of you you have not spent one day in the military are now experts on soldier care issues.

I'm sorry your hatred for Pres Bush and company blurrs your vision on this issue."

You're quite right that I haven't spent a day IN the army.
    I have worked alongside army personnel and could have joined the Civilian Forces at rank of Major.

I have held defence security classification and worked with the forces on defence projects in Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong, and on Disaster Response systems. I also spent most of my teenage life living at a police station and interacting with the police force personnel. Ive been through the fire and offshore training programs breathing smoke and fire and practising discipline of team work for survival. I trained for months with a US Special Forces guys in preparing for Ironman Triathlon events which we both completed as others dropped by the wayside. You know something of my hashing experience which includes jungle survival and search and rescue.

But you choose to suggest that because I haven't been IN the army, I shouldn't claim any knowledge about morale.

That argument would suggest that if we'vr never driven an F1 car we shouldn't comment of F1, if you have been a criminal, you can't be an expert on crime, if you're not a terrorist, don't comment of terrorism.......

Come on!

I don't have hatred for Pres Bush and company, but I strongly disagree with how they go about imposing their vision on others.

Blurred vision? Again you attack the person if they don't agree with you instead of examinaing the argument.

What is the reasoning behind your solutions?

1. Obliterate those who you think might be a threat including innocent civilians?

My friend there are people all around the world who could be threat and who don't like America. These people live among others who do like western values, and who wish no harm at all to your country. What would you do, kill them all, women, children, friends and supporters, just to get at some who you think might be a threat.

Do you have any idea of the consequences that would bring?

2. Throw the Sedition Act as peoiple like Murtha who debate the War and the best course for its ending?

Well you're going to have to charge a lot of people and say goodbye to democracy and justification for war.

Finally, if your opening statement that bad morale gets people killed at a higher rate then normal combat, should you try that on the enemy?

Show them that what they believe about the US occupation is not true, you don't kill civilians, you don't abuse prisoners, you're not all about the oil or contracts for US corporations. That would be very demoralising to them and they would get killed at a higher rate while your own forces would benefit.

Vietnam? Do you really want to raise that one?

Off my rocker? No, just on a differernt rocker to you.

Spin
  • ell I'll just get to the bottom kine - Viet nam.

The same tactics that Rep Murtha is using were used during Vietnam to win that portion of the war.

Well they are trying it again but the difference this time is that we are fighting back against the enemy within.
  • Dealing with dissent is just one of the problems of ill-conceived unjustified war.

You're going to have a busy year, friend.

Spin

PS on Vietnam, if your people know so much about morale, why didn't they do a better job of looking after the Vietnam veterans. Could be that the forces in Iraq wonder if they'll get similar treatment when they return, if they return.

"Enemy within" such dangerous thinlking.
    My country, right or wrong?
    Is America too young to understand the need for questionning and dissent?
  • We were born of it.

However what we are seeing now is Sedition - did you not read the definition?

BTW - my rank in the military was a Sargeant nut using your temrs about the ability to join the military at the rank of Major....

With my rank at NASA I'd be joining at Lt Col.

• Yessir! Got that!

Spin
  • Take it easy Doc - I put tie one shoe at a time just like you.
  • "Well they are trying it again but the difference this time is that we are fighting back against the enemy within."

so in your world (& Fox News )...I am a "they" and the "enemy within"..........

you have crossed the line.......

• For the last f'n time - I am not controlled by Fox news etc etc. Its amazing that you all seem to know exactly what Fox says on its broadcasts - you guys must be watching it. I have not watched Fox in a few weeks now.

I am not sure what you mean by "crossing the line" but if you are one who resides in the camp of Loyal Opposition then we are fine - if you live in the world of the seditionist then we are goiong to have issues.
  • "oh , this is going to be so cool! If we can just get the Iranians really riled up before March! Cause after March we'll proably have to wait until next year. If we keep scaring them maybe they'll do a nuke test and then we can go in an' get 'em! I'm sure gald we got guys on both sides of them SOB's It's really too bad the Bashir is so dumb and he's going to get overthrown. It would be cool to march into Syria as well. Maybe we can go in and kick ome peacekeeping ass though. Hey, can we get back to pissing off the Chinese? Let's support the ROC in their bid for independence! Bring it ON!! "

---things that George thinks about