Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Xtra Cash for F1?

Huge new oil discovery in Brazil

The Campos Basin region has recently attracted Lula's attention
Brazil's state-owned oil company, Petrobras, says it has discovered a huge new offshore oil field off the coast of Rio de Janeiro state.
The Papa-Terra field was found in the Campos Basin, which is already Brazil's most important oil-producing region.

Petrobras estimates it contains at least 700 million barrels of crude - about 10% of Brazil's current reserves.

The field, which is jointly operated with the US company Chevron, should start producing oil by the end of 2011.

Petrobras said the oil from the Papa-Terra field was heavier than the sweet light crude favoured by international markets, but the firm was investing $2bn in adapting its refineries to process heavy oil.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4563896.stm

Comments

• Saw in the local paper here that Shell also found some oil off of Brazil's coast. Don't remember how big of a find though.
  • I read last month that Repsol YPF found a big gas or oil (can't remember what) field in SouthAmerica as well.