Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Who Is Covering WRC In The USA?

I don't find it on SPEED TV - any ideas?

Comments

• It used to be heavily delayed on Speed.. did you check next week or next weekend?
  • From what I see on the Speed msg board for WRC, it looks like they don't have the 2006 WRC season. Eurosport 1 or 2 has full coverage from what I saw, but I don't get that so can't confirm.
  • To the contrary Young Jedi - they used to have full rally coverage the Sunday night the rally ended.

Thanks Telstar - but I'm bummed as I want to see the Ford Focus really shine this year.
  • I only caught the WRC every once in a while but now I will miss those times, an I rather see the Suburu shine than the Ford.
  • I rather see the Suburu shine than the Ford.
    Commie
  • On this side of the pond the coverage of WRC has gone from bad to worse. WRC's big problem is the lack of ive coverage. This in turn has lead to sponsors and works teams calling it a day.
    I have a friend here in Killarney Paul Nagle who competed in Monte Carlo have to wait until we meet him as we have no Idea how the event was apart from Gronholm winning in his Ford
  • [quote] I rather see the Suburu shine than the Ford.
    Commie [/quote]

I prefer Dodge for American cars, but since they are not in WRC I go for the Suburu because of my dislike of Ford. In general I prefer European cars over American or Asian cars. I happen to drive the taxi cab of Europe an '82 Mercedes 240D, as I've been told by a friend that has been over the pond, it may be a year older than me at 23 an slow bieng a deisel, but it runs great and can be worked on unlike most Asian cars.

If Ford or GM could get their styling and quality better I would at least give them a second glance.
  • I am dyed in the wool FoMoCo fan - but just for your knowledge the Focus IS a Euro car. Ford of Europe is part of Ford USA but is pretty independant.
  • I do happen to like Aston Martin, Jaguar, and Land Rover which are part of Ford. While the Focus is apparently European, it lacks in the looks department, may have the necessary power but that is only half or a third of the requirements I prefer in car.
  • TV coverage is good in the UK. Ger, can you not get ITV 1 & 2 in the Republic? Maybe only via Sky.

Interestingly, in the next couple of years Dave Richards is taking WRC to an 'A1' calendar, for want of a better term. It means the off season will be the northern hemispheric summer, thus no clashes with Olympics, World Cup, etc.

I am not one of the woolly hat brigade but it does seem wrong Rally GB is now in golden September rather than muddy November. Take it back to winter, you big fruits ...
  • I don't find it on SPEED TV - any ideas?

You're on SPEED!

That explains a lot.:)

Spin
  • You're on SPEED!
    If SPEED looks like, smells like and tastes like Brandy then you are correct!
  • Speed is all about nascar. WRC is not covered any more.

as I had said many years ago on the gournd os moffett and I will say again:

FixOrRepairDaily

(or as long as they don't close your plant, that is)

:spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank:
  • First On Race Day my friend.

How many times has GM or MOPAR let alone most car makers every taken the podium in the big boy class at LeMans?

Ford has done it a number of memorable times.
  • I own a toyota and a honda. My last US vehicle was a Pontiac Bonnevile which I blew up an engine in and then the next one caught on fire... I rebuild that '78 Ramcharger ground up...never owned a Ford. Always thought that the ergonmics were cheesy