Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Come Fly with me Let's Fly, Let's Fly Away

Booked meself and the boss on a return trip to Sydney tommorrow on.................you guessed it, Ozjet.

Two for one, makes it business class (?) at half the price of Qantas' fully flexible economy.

Report to follow................

Comments

• Thank God for that. For a minute there I though you'd sent in a video of you doing your latest Michael Buble impression at a karaoke night.

Rest easy everyone.
  • hold on tight ;-)
  • Well, still here.

Flight out was great - a real breakfast; sausage, bacon, hash brown, bread roll, oragne jiuce, coffee, yoghurt. Small, but good, and all on china. Seats are comfy as you would expect with only 60 of them in a 737 cabin. The sad news was that there were only fifteen people on this flight. The aircraft was in much better condition than I expected and from a cabin perspective was a tleast as good as Qantas's recently retired 767-200 workhorses. Cabin crew were friendly and the flying was fine.

The return trip was OK and was full (so something must be going good for them) and similar in all respects except one. I have a lot of experience around airplanes (it being my chosen profession for 12 years), and I know when something is wrong. The aircraft on four occasions departed level flight in the cruise. Two, were pitch deviations, and two were roll deviations. These must have been autopilot problems which is not a good sign. There are still two unresolved accidents in the USA that have been unofficially attributed to uncommanded autopilot deviations on early model 737s. There were also a large number of deviations that had no serious consequence reported by many carriers over a period of time. All this has faded since around the introduction of -400 series and above, but for those with a memory (particuarly since no problem was ever diagnosed, and therefore no fix found), it is disquieting when the airplane suddenly dives, or rolls to one side. These were not deviations caused by turbulence, or other meteorological conditions; they were problems with the plane.

For that reason, I may think twice before using the airline again.
  • did the other passengers notice? maybe he was told to correct his course?
  • Maybe Paul was at the controls and was showing the overtaking
    manouveres in the US Grand Prix???
  • Undertaking can also be an art ..............
  • I'm sure Minardi's better drivers in recent years would recognise the pitch/yaw sensitivity issues.