Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

OK Lets see how Democracy Pans Out in Palestine...

Will the US of A deal with a democratically elected Hamas government or will it let Israel annihilate Palestine?

Comments

• I'd be in favor of supporting them based on a few "tweaks" in their platform. Namely the following:

1. Acknowledge Israels right to exist as a legitimate soverign nation.

2. Retract their policy calling for the extermination of Jews.

3. Cease all terrorist or military incursions into israel and prosecute any and all that do.

4. Denounce terrorism as a means of attaing goqals even though that is how they got to power.

• Good, Emmet.

All credit goes to the present US admin to promote democracy in the middle east which see the huge political advancements made by the extremistic Islamic parties in Lebanon, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran and now Palestine.

see: http://www.malaysia-today.net/Blog-e/2006/01/rise-of-political-islam-palestinian.htm
    (scroll down as page does not load up properly)

Did the US of A really planned for such mass popularity from these types of Muslims or were they more hoping for the McDonald, Marilyn Monroe Hollywood/Coke type of Muslim followers?

Pretty soon the Saudi King and other feudal lords from Qatar to Syria will be democratised with extremistic political Muslim parties rule.

Tough making an extra buck from these Muslims, I'll dare say.
  • Tough making an extra buck from these Muslims, I'll dare say.
    Funny - but every time I'm filling my gas tank I think how much the Muslum man is making off of me.

So I take it you are in favor of a political party that has, as a part of its charter, the anniliation of a nation and its people?
  • So I take it you are in favor of a political party that has, as a part of its charter, the anniliation of a nation and its people?
    Emmet you're off mark there!
    It is not that we are in favour of that sort of party, but the world's "policemen" are! A few days ago you were happy that "we got rid of" Arafat and you called him terrorist.
    And the truth about Arafat's death is still a mystery.
    Why was Arafat removed of the equation?
    Even if there was no foul play which I doubt, Arafat was still confined to live his last years with us in great misery.
    Why didn't you support Arafat?
    Why is the US of A creating instability everywhere?
    Now I am sure I am going to hear the same bla bla that I am in favour of authoritarians, dictators, terrorism etc - that is your tactic Emmet!

• you are right on the mark, neil.

and emmet, the answer is "NO", "NO" & "NO" in that order.

these regimes were made by the triumphviate of "crumb" reads Cheney/Rumsfeld/Bush...the islamic far right is taking on the offer of democratisation with their whole hearted participation...best way for them to get into power with the might of america helping them overthrow the moderates...yes, sadam is actually quite a moderate, though MAD he might be...but the shites will never be able to overthrow him w/o american help...and you'll soon see how the iraqi shites WILL join forces with the iranian shites as soon as america is forced to leave iraq by her own people...