Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

STR01 Breaks cover

2»

Comments

• Re teams to support. Which is more a minardi. A car from the minardi factory with someone elses badge on it or someone elses F3000 car with a minardi badge on it.

If the staff at Minardi didnt like Stoddart they should have left.
    succinctly put.
  • Except for one small item. PS was an absentee owner. The guys on the floor had a dedication to the guy who opened the factory up every morning and most nights turned out the lights. His name was on the building. His name was on the cars. His name was on the uniforms.

His name is Gian Carlo Minardi. The loyalty of the guys and gals on the floor and in the offices was to the Man and the Dream.

That is why they stayed.

If this concept is beyond you then it is your loss.
  • Spin, i'm not going to argue with you and my use of the term grunts was not meant to be taken as disparaging.

There are grunts at Ferrari, grunts at Williams, grunts at McLaren and yes, grunts at the team formerly known as Minardi.

I was referring to the guys on the shop floor, the guys that actually get their hands dirty. I'm not a military man, but it's the terminology I understand is used for the footsoldiers of an army, and the guys on the shop floor are definitely the footsoldiers of F1. Thus, the referrence.

I'm sure that most of the forum gleaned my meaning, but I hope that's cleared it up for anyone who took that particular comment out of it's intended context. :)
    Fair enough P1, but could I make the point that a "Grunt" just provides muscle or body. He's not expected, perhaps not even allowed, to question.

Real teamwork is when everyone takes the view "we could improve this if we tweaked this or that" and of course followed the right course in getting the improvement considered.

The guys who get their hands dirty are often the first line in discovering potential problems.

I've seen real disasters happen because people up the line didn't think the opinions of "grunts" were worth anything.

Spin

[Edited on 13/2/2006 by Dr_Spin]
  • An interesting aspect of the pro v anti Stoddart brigades is that the pro's don't pretend to understand the minutiae of the relationship between Stoddart and the workforce, and take Stoddart's motives at face value. The antis pretend to know these things.

Guess what girls, it's over. So's Minardi. And so, in a few short years, will be F1 as we know it.

Politics is more rampant than it has ever been. Back-stabbing is actually increasing. Everyone reckons the regulator is as mad as a hatter. There are now fewer teams than before (nine teams - two of which have 4 cars), and not one of them is sporting oriented.

God love those that support the establishment.
  • Except for one small item. PS was an absentee owner. The guys on the floor had a dedication to the guy who opened the factory up every morning and most nights turned out the lights. His name was on the building. His name was on the cars. His name was on the uniforms.
    But his name wasn't on the cheques anymore.
    His name is Gian Carlo Minardi. The loyalty of the guys and gals on the floor and in the offices was to the Man and the Dream.

That is why they stayed.
    Perhaps Paul really should have changed the name to Stoddart F1 after all.
    I understand loyalty, but GCM really couldn't have been a good influence around there if it led to the workforce having divided loyalties, or loyalites to GCM only. You can't have it both ways.
    The Dream died when he sold the team, surely.
    If this concept is beyond you then it is your loss.
    It's not beyond me Emmett, imho it's just wrong for them to be clandestinely discussing Paul Stoddart in a disparaging fashion when he's clearly doing the best he can. He's not GCM, and I don't think he was claiming to be either.
  • On this point you are right. Minardi died when GCM sold up. It tokk me a while to realise it. What I found hard to talk was an owner who claimed to believe in straight talking, giving us all bullshine about investment and moving the team forward. Most people will accept failure if you have strained every sinew. Betrayal on the other hand is much harder to accept!

• It's not beyond me Emmett, imho it's just wrong for them to be clandestinely discussing Paul Stoddart in a disparaging fashion when he's clearly doing the best he can. He's not GCM, and I don't think he was claiming to be either.
    Workers discussing PS in a disparaging fashion, while wrong(If you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all), is nothing new or unheard of, tons of people talk bad about their boss everyday, this situation is only wierd because the old boss is still around and he is alongside the workers a lot more than the new boss.

I see their loyalty as being to the team and idea that GCM put forth and despite PS coming in they chose to stick with GCM's dream to a point, while still keeping their job at Faenza. In todays corporate world loyalty doesn't go very far, people hop jobs frequently in the quest for more money. Besides most of the workers not wanting to move from Faenza, they could have joined another F1 team that payed better, family probably played a big role in them not leaving but so did loyalty to GCM's idea.
  • This thread sucks..