Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

SAKHIR TEST - Day Three

SAKHIR TEST - Day Three 15 February 2006

Circuit : Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir - 5.417 km
Car : RB 1
Driver: Neel Jani
Laps: 76
Best time: 1:33.028

The car ran as reliably as a Swiss watch today and in the warm conditions, the engineers sensibly
went for the carbon wing rather than the Swiss Chocolate one, even though Switzerland's Neel Jani
was in the cockpit.

Neel who will be Scuderia Toro Rosso's "Man Friday" in the third car at this year's Grands Prix
was having his first taste of Formula 1 for almost a year. "Until today, I only had a thousand F1
kilometres under my belt, some of it dating back to 2004," he said. "So today, I was getting used to
the speed and the braking power and especially the cornering - at first you think the car can't go
through the turn at that speed, but you have to tell yourself it does…and it does! I really enjoyed
myself and look forward to my next test in Imola."

The technical programme today was aimed mainly at getting Jani used to the car. "We sent him out
on track with the set-up we had established over the past two days," commented Team Principal
Franz Tost. "After a while, we started making small changes to the aero settings, the ride height and
weight distribution, so that Neel could feel the effect of these changes. He did a good job today."

Tomorrow is the final day in Bahrain and it will be a tight fit in the car as both race drivers are
sharing the cockpit. On second thoughts, we will put them in one at a time: Speed in the morning
and Liuzzi in the afternoon.