Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

A Question for Emmett

Can you tell us why the US Bobs are design by Bodine from Nascar. What on earth does a Nascar Manufacturer know about aero. I would have thought that with all the funding of US Olympic teams they would be knocking down your doors at NASA!

Comments

• P Torque - sorry for the delay in an answer but I was on vacation and no contact with my work. The word from my people was that , in this individuals opinion, the US Olympic Commitee is more concrned about the quality of the hotel rooms they get than in our competitiveness in the 'sled.

The comparrison was made about boeing's competitiveness vs the rest of the world in airliner tech - the U.S. is losing market share but yet the Fed does nothing to support that industry and the trade imbalance.

However, and this may be common knowledge but back in the day when we (the U.S.) won back the America's cup it was , in part, due to NASA. Tests on the keels were done in our 12 foot tunnel. The rumor has it that Ronaldus Maximus directed that the U.S. would win the Cup back and directed that support be given to see that the task was done - hence NASA involvement. the other rumor is that a U.S. consortium paid for the tunnel time.

Long and short - if the political will were there then it could happen.
  • the US Olympic Commitee is more concrned about the quality of the hotel rooms they get than in our competitiveness in the 'sled.
    that's a good one emmett!:)
  • Where the hell you been Neil?
  • Where the hell you been Neil?
    STRolling around? :hehe:
  • Thanks for the heads up! Thats a real shame cos there seems to be some real talent there. The Russians and the German's look like they have a technological edge on sled design.
  • The Krauts are the centre of suspicion for 'plasma baking' their runners, or some such.
  • So typical of them.
  • They just have something for ovens I guess.
  • Can't trust 'em, Fawlty.
  • hi emmett, i still enter this site and see all messages but somehow i am not having enough moral strength to write messages myself. i don't like STR as you know and i have still not recoverd from Minardi's departure from F1. The league in which Minardi will be competing is not accessible to me and I cannot see the races so somehow that did not revive my morale even though I am satisfied that at least Minardi is doing something.

• Yes and I see the Austrians are being investigated for suspected doping offences. Emmett, that oven joke funny yes, but a tad close to the bone. We just can't afford to offend people nowadays.
  • I know Petrol but it was just too tempting!