Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

STR Imola Day Two

For what it is worth:

IMOLA TEST - Day Two 22 February 2006

Circuit : Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola - 4,933 km
Car : STR1-02
Driver: Tonio Liuzzi
Laps: 48
Best time: 1:29.087

Car : STR1-01
Driver: Scott Speed
Laps: 44
Best time: 1:33.410

The phrase, "après moi le deluge" (after me the downpour) is attributed to either King Louis XV of
France or his mistress Madame de Pompadour. Well, it seems that both of them must surely be
holidaying in the Emilia Romagna region of Italy as, for a second consecutive day, Scuderia Toro
Rosso's testing at Imola was pretty much wiped out by very heavy rain.

This was the first day that the two races drivers had been on track together in two STR 1 cars: Tonio
Liuzzi was in chassis 2, while Scott Speed gave chassis 1 its track debut today.

"The conditions were worse than yesterday," reckoned Chief Engineer, Laurent Mekies. "So we
decided to devote the entire day to sharpening up our pit-stop practice with both drivers. It all went
smoothly and now tomorrow's programme is in the hands of the weather gods".

- ends -

Comments

• The phrase, "après moi le deluge" (after me the downpour) is attributed to either King Louis XV of
    France or his mistress Madame de Pompadour. Well, it seems that both of them must surely be
    holidaying in the Emilia Romagna region of Italy as, for a second consecutive day, Scuderia Toro
    Rosso's testing at Imola was pretty much wiped out by very heavy rain.
    creative.... but STR still sucks!:(
  • well, you call it creative, I call it bs

imagine you're an editor and that's the press release you get. what on earth are you supposed to do with it.

it's a a press release, not a junior high school essay competition. just my two cents worth...
  • Not to be too hard on my fellow Yank but Scott Speed looks to be carrying on the tradition of US drivers in F1 - least since Mario.