Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

CAr versus Bob or Topgear on Ice

I don't know if many of our members get the BBC program Topgear, but recently they televised a challenge where the Norwegian Olympic 4 man bob team raced a Mitsubushi WRC car over the same distance.
One can only describe it as one minute of totally absorbing telly. The WRC car was driven by the national norwegian rally champ with the 4 man team containing one of the shows presenters.
An idea of what it must be like to race down a sled track was given by the presenter screaming into the mike during the run. " The drivers hitting the wood. He's trying to killme!!!! I'm to young to die in Tights!!!!!".

Comments

• Awesome stuff. They did that last year and it gave them the idea to do more to coincide with the Olympics:

- Aston Martin v speed skater

- city cars playing ice hockey

- rocket propelled Mini Cooper down a ski jump.

Brilliant. Watch the latter here:

http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl?scope=sportukfs&tab=sport&q=top+gear

click on the audio/video link on the right
  • We've just had the series down here that involved the WRC car versus bobsled race in it. Absolutely brilliant, as was the whole series. It's broadcast on pay-tv down here, but this was the first time on free-to-air telly.

Even my missus watched some of it :D, and she hates cars. :spank:
  • We had Top Gear for a while in the US, it went away, an I've heard rumors they are making one for the US market, but different hosts. Havent seen anything yet but I already know I'm probably going to prefer the British Top Gear, it just wont be as funny I'm betting.