Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Winners/Losers

2»

Comments

• Albers didn't get to start the race, Rosberg looked really good after the stuff up and outraced the backmarkers not his teamate, and Schui was flawless, but schui being flawless is not specical, it's expected
  • Yes, he says he was surprised to finish second but that smells of bull.

Massa: the guy does not have the intelligence for F1. He is fast yet it requires more than that.
  • Originally posted by TasM
    Albers didn't get to start the race

That's why I wrote "outpaced", during the weekend he was faster more than occasionaly.
    Originally posted by TasM
    Rosberg looked really good after the stuff up and outraced the backmarkers not his teamate
    Rosberg lost the nose on lap 1 and managed to climb up the field and end up 22 seconds behind Webber. People at Williams stated that he would end up third if it wasn't for the nose, what it is not certain but at least reasonable. So yes, he outraced Webber.
    Originally posted by TasM
    Schui was flawless, but schui being flawless is not specical, it's expected
    Formula 1 drivers are paid to be flawless. Kimi was flawless, Alonso was flawless (well, almost), a lot of people were flawless. But you got the point, in Schumacher own standards it was an ordinary race. Maybe less than ordinary, as he was at Massa's pace. In the past he could race cleanly to the checkered flag a second faster than his teammate.

But, back to the original point, all I wanted to say is: this "I'm new in the team" talk is just an excuse.
  • Am not a Rubens fan but are you saying he is useless? He was (generally) better than Schumi in last year's red car.
  • Useless is too strong a word, but it is not too far from my opinion.

I wouldn't say that RB was better than Schumacher last year (although I guess that last year is one of the worst seasons of MS). Schumi had good drives at Imola and Monaco, occasions when he was much much faster than RB. In USA MS has beaten him to the line, and in the end he had a lot championship points more than RB.

I now, RB can be fast sometimes (Silverstone, 2004). I do not want to start a RB/MS endless discussion, I just think that he got away with a good excuse for his poor performance (again).

Just the make things clear, when I mentioned the other pairings, I just intended to say that most newcomers could at least keep up with their teammates. I do not want to start a war with the Webber fans.
  • Don't worry about 'starting a war' you're not. I just have a different view. I thought both Nico and Mark did the job they had to. Mark shouldn't have pushed harder than necessary, he drove a controlled race with presevation in mind for the next GP as there was no more places he could have gained. Nico went flat out to make up the time lost due to the first lap incident. Anyway it doesn't matter now cause its a new race wekend. Let's see how the teams unfold... :)

[Edited on 17-3-0606 by TasM]
  • Fair enough, I had not put Webber's race in to that perspective. If this was the case, and if it continues to happen (two drivers, one keeping its cool, the other insanely flat out), Williams has a real solid line up.