Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Good day for Malaysia and Alex Yoong in A1 GP

Congratulations to Team Malaysia and driver Alex Yoong for a 1-2 in the A1 GP Sprint and Main Event.

Total points for the day 10 + 9 +1 (fastest lap) = 20.

Malaysia jump from 10th to 5th in the final series results.

Great teamwork, great driving and a worthy result.

Congratulations also to Tomas Enge for the win in the main event and a great overtaking move which Alex maturely allowed, and unfortunately for Malaysia couldn't return, but 20 points for the day and two great podiums.

Plenty of action with a spectacular clash betwee Ireland and Indonesia.

Congrats, of course, to France for the overall series win.

We look forward to Oct 1 for the next A1 series.

Spin

Comments

• The Final Results for the A1 GP 2005-6 season were:

Pos Id Team Points
    1 FRA FRANCE... 172
    2 SUI SWITZERLAND 121
    3 GBR GREAT BRITAIN.. 97
    4 NZL NEW ZEALAND... 77
    5 MAL MALAYSIA..... 74
    6 BRA BRAZIL..... 71
    7 NED NETHERLANDS 69
    8 IRL IRELAND..... 68
    9 POR PORTUGAL.....66
    10 CAN CANADA......59
    11 MEX MEXICO...... 59
    12 CZE CZECH REPUBLIC 56
    13 AUS AUSTRALIA 51
    14 ITA ITALY........ 46
    15 GER GERMANY... 38
    16 USA USA.......... 23
    17 RSA SOUTH AFRICA 20
    18 INA INDONESIA 16
    19 AUT AUSTRIA... 14
    20 PAK PAKISTAN ....10
    21 JPN JAPAN........ 8
    22 CHN CHINA...... 6

Spin

[Edited on 2-4-0606 by Dr_Spin]
  • sorry i couldn't comment o0n this earlier, i'm in a hotel near gatwick... all i can say :

MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!:P:P:P:P:D:D:D
  • My congratulations to Alex as well. Like Dr. Spin, I have always been a strong supporter of Alex.
  • You know, if he keeps this up next year, he's in... well, pretty darn good shape. :)
  • Next year? Lets hope it carries thru at Le Mans!
  • Malaysia just got better and better throughout the season. They really deserved a win. Hopefully they'll be able to keep this upward line when next season starts.
  • Well done young Alex!

Looks like he might have found his type of racing. A good result for the lad.

I really wanted to follow this series this year, but found it impossible to maintain interest without being able to see any of the racing. I will not pay for cable so that is where it stops. Good thing too, with AJ and his sycophants completely stuffing things up for the Oz team.
  • Congrats Alex, bootiful.

A good first season for A1 with some understandable teething problems. Sponsorship still seems a big issue for many and those franchises are not cheap.

My main criticism all along has been the dangerous tail-enders who cause too many safety car incidents - every race is like F1 at Albert Park!
  • Ahem Lease, C10 broadcast the race a week after the event on Sunday night, or two weeks. It's been a while. Check the scedule & set your VCR.

• every race is like F1 at Albert Park!
    If only it was. A Patrick Head said, if you want to spice up F1, wet the track...
  • DOH!!!!!!!
  • Great results by Alex. Very well done! How will he do at Le Mans ?? (I hope he's good at soccer :P)
  • Guys, don't forget the ex-Minardi technical people that the team leveraged to get these great results.... (Greg Wheeler & gang)..........Insider sources tell me that without these experience people, they would have struggled to find a good set-up............

According to a Team Malaysia engineer, Greg did not attend the German race and the rest of the team just could not tweak the car well. That was their worst weekend.

So great job as well to the engineers.....
  • definitely true.

alex values greg extremely...they struck a very good friendship since 2002 and alex would not have done a1gp without him.

they had planned a v8 team together in australia and this was aborted with the birth of a1gp.

they are such good friends that sometimes they are on each other's throats through different perspectives in set-up decisions....but they are really like brothers.