Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

PLM for Grand Prix Masters

From FOSA-

Pierluigi Martini, Eric van de Poele & Alex Caffi sign-up for series

Tuesday 4th Apriill 2006 (LONDON): The Grand Prix Masters World Series is today proud to announce the provisional driver entry list for the opening round at Qatar’s Losail International Raceway on 29th April. In addition to the legendary names that graced the inaugural race event last November at Kyalami (South Africa), the series is delighted to announce the involvement of ex-Formula One racers Pierluigi Martini (Italian), Eric van de Poele (Belgium) and Alex Caffi (Italian) who will assume the role of Official Test & Safety Car driver for the series.
Pierluigi Martini (Itally): “The Grand Prix Masters car is better than the last Formula One car I drove back in the mid 1990s! Last week at Silverstone was my first-ever outing in what many other drivers have described to me as a sensational racing car – and they’re not wrong! I achieved around 60 laps in total but it was certainly enough to have me hooked and signed-up to the series. I have raced against many of these guys in the past including Mansell, Fittipaldi, Patrese and DeCesaris to name but a few and the camaraderie and team spirit amongst us all is ultimately the defining difference between Grand Prix Masters and anything else in motorsport. The rivalry and desire to beat each other, however, will be no different to yester-year, if not even greater this time round!”

Comments

• Sounds good - but alas it will not be shown on US TV.
  • Great news. PLM to win a race for the first time since Euro F3 in '83? I think so. August 13th at Silverstone becomes even more attractive - PLM back on track and GCM in the paddock with F3000. Mmmmmm ...

What sort of shape was PLM in last year? De Cesaris seemed to be in the best shape at Kyalami - Tambay was the fattest but I'm sure he's been working hard on his Burgundy belly; he's mayor of a town near Toulon, I believe.
  • I asked him specifically about how he stays as fit as he does. He is quite lean and muscular for his small frame. He rides bikes as his primary fitness tool and does many kms per week. He also drives karts to keep sharp.

Look at the pictures here - he looks pretty good for a guy in his 50's:

http://www.minardiusa.com/events.html
  • He's 45 Buddy! Date of birth: April 23, 1961 Birthday coming up. Making Silverstone in August even more tempting.

[Edited on 4-4-0606 by Ger]
  • Oooops - sorry PLM. I'm 43 and look like pure crap by comparrison!