Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Al Jazeera International

Searched for new channels on my sat receiver and found out that al jazeera international has gone up there. no programming yet but they'll commence shortly.

i'm sure they will be on quig's presets. heard that they'll also have a bureau in KL. Anyone knows who to send my cv to? :D:D:D:D

Comments

• Sheik Yurbooty
  • I'd put Al Jazeera at the same level of objectivity as Fox.

Different agendas, same methodology.
  • Except the chicks on Fox are waaaaaaay hotter.
  • I know some Brits working for this new outfit. V interesting. Not much crossover with the Arabic stuff, large network of bureaux, v limited platform in the US; NY and LA maybe.

My friends are good journos and will leave if told to be partial. As far as they can tell, and it may fail, this will be a version of CNN/BBC World but with a less Anglo Saxon spin. We shall see ...
  • but chicks in Burkas?
  • apparently they have a bureau in london, doha, washington dc and kuala lumpur

the london bureau is certain to be full with ex bbc guys who got the axe in the recent redundancy frenzy
  • Less Anglo Saxon spin?

Then how can they be right about things?

I just don't understand.................
  • damn, I can never get pics to post!!!!

[Edited on 20-4-0606 by bernie]