Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Gotta... go... to... Australia....

Saw this ad in the cinema yesterday evening, I feel hypnotised :P

I did ask myself, where the bloody hell am I

Click here to watch the ad

Comments

• Very nice....
  • Well, it does make you think, doesn't it? ;)

What movie did you go to by the way?
  • da vinci of course ;-) funny flick, I hadn't gone trough the ordeal of reading the book (and beautiful american intellectualisms such as "horrified bewilderment") and i don't read books with less than three syllables per word in the title these days hehe

anyway, Audrey Tautou is soooo cute, remember her from amelie, but boy she so can't act when she's speaking english.
  • Man was she hot in Amelie.......
  • you watched amelie??
  • Haven't seen the film yet but really enjoyed the book.

"Angels and Devils" too!

To me they were both books that were hard to put down, racy story lines. I'm prepared to overlook the criticisms, as the images portrayed were quite powerful.

While some may object to the subject matter, I don't and respect those who say their faith is secure and can discuss the questions raised fictionally.
  • I thought the book was weak. They had GREAT potential in the thriller genre but I just don't think Dan Brown pulled it off.

Personnally, as a Roman Catholic, I don't buy the theory but the Church has been around for a couple of thousand years and has faced more challenges than a silly book.

Oh, did I say Audrey was HOT......?
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    you watched amelie??
    Quig watched Amelie?
  • Why wouldn't I?
  • No explosions just garden gnomes.
  • I'm with you Doc, Angels and Demons was an absolute cracker. Am yet to see "The Code", but loved the book.

That ad caused a real stir in the UK, from what we heard over here. The Canadians also objected to it but their problem was the word 'hell'. Jeez, can someone sort these wowsers out and get 'em to lighten the bloody hell up.

RJ, let us know when you're on the way. We'll organise the dogs and latex gloves!!!!! :o
  • "That ad caused a real stir in the UK, from what we heard over here. The Canadians also objected to it but their problem was the word 'hell'. Jeez, can someone sort these wowsers out and get 'em to lighten the bloody hell up."

Good marketing!

Don't think Auzzies will be worried if those who object to the language don't visit.

Those who can handle "bloody hell", the sight of a cold beer, and a bikini on the beach might really enjoy themselves in Oz.

Frankly, a lot of the immigration and integration problems could be avoided if we were upfront with the culture.

Show potential immigrants what they will need to accept, and check they hand handle it OK before accepting them.

Have 3 gates!

1. One with a bar and a bikini girl that potential immigrants have to smile (not leer) at. They behave OK and they can come in.
    2. Those who don't, get shown the gate out.
    3. Those who don't but still want to come, get an instruction manual on how to broaden their outlook and try again in 5 years.

Spin
  • Give it a rest! That Canuck thing was a beat up.

In reality the ad was only prevented from being shown during childrens television programs.

Now, let's look at that ad:

Starts at Silverton in far western New South Wales, then travels to one of the northern Western Australian deserts (about 2,000 miles); then off to the Whitsundays (another 1,500 miles); then to the ocean pool at Bronte Beach in Sydney (another 1,200 miles); then to what looks to me like Royal Canberra Golf club (a mere 200 miles), then to what might be Lake Eyre in South Australia (around 900 miles); to goodness knows where; to the Barrier Reef (1,600 miles from Lake Eyre); to Uluru (about 1,200 miles from the reef); back to Sydney (1,500 miles) and then goodness knows where again, before the money shot.

sure............you could do that in a week. Of course most of the people who live here won't do it in their lifetime, but go right ahead - be sucked in. Won't cost much either.

[Edited on 31-5-0606 by SuperRoo]
  • Okay - lets have a go. The US is going waaaaaay to far to the left and the f'n Mezkins will be runnin' the place soon enough. What do I need to do to get in on some of that Oz chick action shown in the video?
  • Quig, if you was here, you would be living in a 4 bedroom brick veneer bungalow in Penrith, with the oversized garage containing 'unfinished car projects'. You would go to barbecues on weekends where you would gather round the barbie with the other guys talking about Bathurst, and complain about all of the immigrants everywhere, whilst the 'girls' prepared slads in the kitchen and compared how long they spent in labour.

On special nights, you would go to the club for the 'all you can eat' buffet and tip a couple of hundred bucks into the pokies (slots), and call it a good night out.

On nights in, you would sit in you recliner/rocker fuming over the rip-off merchants exposed on 'Today Tonight' on the tele and use the stories on the same show as the basis for your position on politics.

You would almost never leave Penrith, certainly not on weekends to travel the 30 clicks to the best city beaches anywhere, except on holidays when you would go to the same tired caravan park (only now it calls itself a 'Resort') at The Entrance and marvel at how it only takes two hours to get there. Whilst there, you would be joined by all of your friends and neighbours who also go to the same place, and take in the 'atmosphere'. In the evennings, you would gather round the barbie.............................................

In other words, it'll be just like home.
  • Cheerful bastard.
  • Thank's for Bloody coming!
  • Suburbia!!! Pah......... That's why I live in the city.

Much better to walk to a cafe or restaurant (that doesn't begin with an M of K), that's kid friendly...