Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Just had my final exam ...

... not an undergraduate anymore. Now I hope that stupid AUT stops striking so I can have my degree. Four years gone past like the wind...

jobs anyone? :D

Comments

• Do you know how to run a broom?
  • hehe, medically disqualified for that :D
  • Lucky RJ, I've got 3 years left, then 1 or 2 for grad. On course to finish just under a decade.

Ya medically disqualified from running a broom, I'll have to remember that for down the road.
  • This might be worth a look
    Pay is usually pretty good.
  • There is (or was) video of RJ struttin' his stuff in a white suit back from his early Bath days on somebodies hard drive in FM.com land.

I think I'll go and have a look.
  • There's a group of Aussie singing waiters here making a lot of dough.

They impersonate the F&B manager, head chef, maitre'd, etc during functions and finally end up duelling (vocally) with each other, as they try to outdo each other nationally (Italian, French, Spanish, etc.) Maybe they could do with a Dutch-Austrian opera singer with a sense of humour.

You could get to see Oz, Malaysia, and eat in the best hotels and get paid for it.

Spin
  • RJ, do you think you're staying in UK or are you wishing to move back to Austria/Europe or somewhere else in the wureld?
  • nah, I think of staying put in the UK for another year at least to get an LLM (smells of Porsche, even if you're not a member of the bar :P )

however, nothing set in stone, have the summer to give it good thought and wait for other opportunities to come along. Not tied to any place, not even Europe (though the thougt of moving somewhere with better weather than the European Atlantic North does creep up on yet another rainy day), free as a little bird ;)
  • RJ, I have an LLM, I am not a member of the bar, I haven't got a Porsche, but will be able to on my next assignment abroad.
    Go for it (the LLM, at the moment, the Porsche will come later). But be careful to choose the right uni to do the right LLM (I did maritime law in Nottingham, which is in the top for European Law as well, but of course my information is updated to 5-6 yrs. ago).

[Edited on 1-6-0606 by manlio27]
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    ... not an undergraduate anymore. Now I hope that stupid AUT stops striking so I can have my degree. Four years gone past like the wind...

jobs anyone? :D
    I'm not quite sure to be honest ;)

http://www.jobpilot.at/misc/adframe/jobpilot/7d6/13/1574270.htm
  • i'd rather not, but thanks biker

manlio, i was thinking about an llm in international economic law at warwick
  • RJ, I have two friends who did exactly that, at Warwick. Will talk to them and let you know. I think Warwick is one of the top for that, but give me a few days to contact these friends.
  • wish I could help you RJ... but your career makes requires you swim with sharks.... I try to avoid those beasts :D
  • RJ, I spoke to these two friends, and I can confirm that Warwick is (or at least was two years ago when they did the LLM there) one of the very best schools in England for international economic law.

Of course, as you will know, a LLM is much more useful in Europe than in Britain, in Britain they prefer the 21-yr olld graduates that they can form from head to toe. But if you want to have an international career, it's for sure a very good thing to have in the CV. You should check if the Warwick has by chance lost positions now (but I do not think so!), but if no, go for it!
  • went to warwick uni yesterday, it's enormous, at least in comparison to bath. apparently their campus spans 750 acres. They even have a full fledge cinema on there. They have accepted me and I might just give it a go, knowing that Eni employs such people hehe
  • Don't go making rush decisions. Have you considered the University of Woolloomoolloo? They have a lovely course on Logical Positivism that comes with bonus sheepdip.
  • Australia, Australia, Australia, Australia, we love you. Amen!
  • you a pooftah?
  • Michael Baldwin, Bruce; Michael Baldwin, Bruce; Michael Baldwin, Bruce, Michael Baldwin, Bruce. Do you mind if we call you Bruce? Would save a lot of confusion.

Oh.....Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
    Who was very rarely stable.

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
    Who could think you under the table.

David Hume could out-consume
    Schopenhauer and Hegel

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
    Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel.

There's nothing Nietzche couldn't teach ya
    'Bout the raising of the wrist.
    Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed.

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will,
    On half a pint of shandy was particularly ill.

Plato, they say, could stick it away--
    Half a crate of whisky every day.

Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle.
    Hobbes was fond of his dram,

And René Descartes was a drunken fart.
    'I drink, therefore I am.'

Yes, Socrates, himself, is particularly missed,
    A lovely little thinker,
    But a bugger when he's pissed.
  • :D:D:D:D:D:D