Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

50 Albums That Changed Music

I saw this and it intrigued me. Kinda like the old question of "If you were stuck on a desert island what 10 albums would you bring...."

Well it looks here that a new list has turned up. I agree with many, am surprised by some and have no clue at all about some of the artists.

Any thoughts?

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0,,1821230,00.html

Comments

• Lack of Tom Petty on ANY list really confuses and pisses me off. And this list appears to be only one album per band, so it's flawed in that way. The Beatles, for example, probably had more than one album that changed music, and I've never liked Sgt. Pepper's much anyway.
  • These lists really bug me. Surely, Spics Girls would be Top 5!

Where the hell is The Sweet, or Status Quo, not to mention Flock of Seagulls. The world has gone mad...

Cuckoo, cuckoo....

Englebert Humperdink!!! Hello!!!
  • what's the english obsession with Kraftwerk??

Oh yes, it's the Guardian, that's why NWA is on four. Mind you I like straight outta Compton.

Where is Use your Illusion on this list??
  • What happened to the British obsession with the Verve? :(

At the the Stone Roses and the Smiths are on there. Weird list though.
  • I never bought any albums. I think I'm of the MP3 generation.
  • And where are the Rolling Stones, the Dire Straits, the Eagles and the Led Zeppelin in this list?
  • No gary numan, depeche mode or metallica.
  • No Milli Vanilli?????
  • I hate lists like this they're so subjective. I tend not to pay much attention to them. It's like asking 1000 people to pick their all time favourite football (soccer) team you'll get 1000 different answers. The only purpose they serve is to start alcohol fuelled arguments in the pub about which band/artist is better band a or band b.