Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Midland sold

Grandprix.com:
The Midland F1 team has been sold to the Dutch-Arab consortium led by Michiel Mol. The deal was concluded in the early hours of the morning on Saturday and is believed to be worth around $90m, rather less than the rumours that have been circulating for weeks. The team is likely to be called Spyker and will probably use customer Ferrari V8 engines, although the details of the deal are not yet clear. We hear that this may be related to a deal for production car engines for the new Spyker 4x4.

An announcement is expected later this morning.
F1racing.net:
Midland F1 Racing has been bought by the M-consortium of Dutchman Michiel Mol, F1Racing.net can reveal. The deal will most likely be confirmed by the team at the Italian Grand Prix this weekend. It will also be unveiled what the exact role of Spyker is in the new team.

Michiel Mol and Midland had been negotiating for months after several setbacks before reaching an agreement just recently. What the team will look like exactly, is still unknown.

Comments

• More on Spyker MF1

The Spyker MF1 team will be announced at 7pm European time when the Dutch consortium will give details of the sale of the team by Alex Shnaider. The name Spyker MF1 has been chosen because of the stipulations in the Concorde Agreement which mean that teams cannot change their names more than once every five years unless there is an agreement of all the other signatories.

The interest now is over the engine supply and our spies are telling us that Spyker will get Ferrari V8s as part of a bigger deal involving the supply of Ferrari engines for the planned Spyker D12 Peking-to-Paris, a four-wheel drive, four-door, four-seater luxury Super Sports Utility Vehicle, which is due to go into production at the end of 2007. The new car is due to use 500hp Audi W12 engines but we believe that a deal has been struck to use Ferrari engines instead (or perhaps in addition to) the original plan.

We expect to hear more details within a hour or two.

grandprix.com
  • The cars already replaced the sticker on the rearwing with Spyker and the logo on the nosecone is Spyker's as well.
  • heard klien is in line for a seat next to albers
  • I heard Pedro de la Rosa is in line...

Guess we'll be speculating for months. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd just hire Monteiro for another year. He looks like he's a real team player.
  • What I'd like to know is where the engines are coming from. can't see them forking out $45 mil per annum for the Toit lumps, especially after spending $68 mil up front on the team's purchase.
  • Grandprix.com is reporting some sort of production deal with TOIT.
    Spyker's new 4x4 car will then have a TOIT engine supply.
  • You've got to ask why. RBR are ding a dance to get out of their supply deal. It was hardly good business now and I can'y see whats changed now. Don't forget nothing eats money like F1!
  • It seems that a middle eastern company has part of the shares in Spyker and also in TOIT!
    Maybe that's the link that WANTS it like THAT !
  • that weird "super suv" monstrosity they build had audi engines until now