Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

A1GP season 2

Looks like it will be another DAMS domination.
South Africa just got pole at Zandvoort with France in 3rd, both teams being run by the French squad. Good showing from Germany and Canada as well. And Bleekemolen is not doing that badly so far.
Let's hope for the usual A1 racing tomorrow.

Full qualifying results

Comments

• Anyone watched the races today? The sprint was a little bit dull and predictable but the feature... There was just everything, sliding, spinning, overtaking, drama, changing conditions.
    Who cares that the driver lineup is weaker than last year when you are being entertained like this.
    Congrats to Germany on the win. Bleekemolen was great today and Giebler - what a drive on slicks in the rain!
  • I watched it.
    It was nice, yes!
  • Great race! The dunes shook when the Dutchie took the lead - shame he couldn't hang on in wets.

Two young guns for SAfrica and Deutschland look a bit special.

Jos who? (commentators said there were some v funny anti-Jos T-shirts at Zandvoort).

Our boy Tuka had an anonymous weekend.
  • The telecast was delayed in Malaysia, but I followed it on A1GP.com with SMS to a mate at Zandvoort, and between us we filled in the gaps. There wasn't much information up on the dunes, but he could see the order and the weather. I had the lap and sector times but really no idea what was happening from A1GP.com.

I hope they post a few more comments like who is overtaking and who went off instead of just OUT/IN/STOP and maybe "Yellow flag" or "stewards inquiry".

At midnight watched a delayed compilation of qualifying then both the races. It was quite good coverage but I'd have preferred it live.
  • Alex had a bizarre prang leaving the grid for the formation lap. A car stalled in front and his rear tyre clipped it as he tried to get round.

I'm sure he'll be strong this year as long as he gets a decent run in the car.
  • Yep, after losing 4 laps in the garage, he went out again and continued moving up to a few places and also posting the fastest lap of the main race. Unfortnately that was a fraction slower than the Sprint fastest lap so he didn't get the fast point of the day.

We'll hope for a better run next week.
  • I went there. And I saw more crashes/spins/overtaking than in the entire F1 season so far. Worth the money. Bleekemolen did pretty well. To bad the team made a mess out of their strategy.
  • Yep Bleekamolen really impressed.

Bye Jos!
  • I was feeling rathe unwell on Sunday, and opted to skip the F1 race in the morning (SA time).

When the The A1 Race came on in the afternoon I was trying to grab a nap and I thought I would watch with just one eye.

Not a chance: A1 action grabbed me from start to finish.

Great Stuff.

Sort of sad we were behind a fence. ;)

[Edited on 4-10-06 by Stan]
  • not bad at all, mine never get this good, should join Murph for classes ;)

i didn't hear much about attendance. did many people opt to stay at home because of the jos affair? any word on how many people wanted their money back?
  • I think Murph once said a 400 mm lense can focus past the fence or something along those lines. I have a 300 mm and got lucky at Canada that I was above the fence and the track was far enough away that the fence was not a problem unlike the pics I have from Indianapolis where the fence is in the way in most every pic, except one spot I found on the same side as the pitlane right at the end of the pits.

Good pics despite the fence though Stan.
  • It was a sellout before the Jos the mercenary priced himself out, or whatever brought his acreer to an end.

It looked like most dutch race enthusiasts still went.