Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Interview with Giovanni Minardi

This interview was done by our man on the ground Salvo Thanks buddy it's excellent

Check it out The Giovanni Minardi Interview

[Edited on 4-10-0606 by Ger]

Comments

• Great interview by Salvo (thanks!!) but now he has to do another one ASAP to get the back ground on th GP2 deal:D

Can't believe they've not had any support from the Italian clubs though, that must be disapointing, just means we have to try all the harder
  • Great interview! (Great website MCSF!) Just one thing is Giovanni the only son of Giancarlo? And how old is this guy?
  • any photos of the guy?
  • Giovanni Minardi

Date of birth:
    06/11/1974
    Place of birth:
    Faenza (RA)
    Nationality:
    Italian
    Marital status:
    Married to Sara
    Residence:
    Faenza (Ravenna)
    Favorite race tracks:
    Spa, Hungaroring
    Favorite singer:
    Lenny Kravitz
    Hobbies:
    Soccer
    Favourite Food:
    Pasta
    Favourite Drink:
    Ice tea

Career

Manager of Matteo Bobbi, Andrea Piccini, Giacomo Piccini, Luca Casadei, Gabriele Lancieri.
    Associate/ Founder of GP Group
    Matteo Bobbi, Andrea Piccini ,Giacomo Piccini and Luca Casadei’s Sport Manager
    Test Team Manager for Minardi Formula 1 Team
    Logistics Manager for European Minardi F1 Race Team
    Race and Test Team Manager for Telefonica Minardi F1
    Race and Test Team manager for Minardi Team
    Logistics Manager for Minardi Race Team
    Logistics Manager for Minardi Race Team
    Logistics Manager for Minardi Test Team
    1993/95
    Customer Care and Sales Manager for an Iveco truck Dealership

[Edited on 4-10-06 by MCSF]
  • very insightful. ... genuine people these Minardis!

just a question, what does the 'charge' refer to in this quote; his position or his action?

"Ferrari monopolized everything, also because of Montezemolo’s charge*. To find sponsors in Italy is almost impossible."

• "Ferrari monopolized everything, also because of Montezemolo’s charge*. To find sponsors in Italy is almost impossible."
    *Montezemolo is also president of Confindustria, the Italian trade union of enterprises.
  • Originally posted by max_torq
    very insightful. ... genuine people these Minardis!
    I agree - and I thought this thread would have generated more conversation....

Isn't the quote about GCM's best quality so true?
    just a question, what does the 'charge' refer to in this quote; his position or his action?

"Ferrari monopolized everything, also because of Montezemolo’s charge*. To find sponsors in Italy is almost impossible."
    I believe that it basically means that his "charge" means it is another avocation - a job if you will.
  • I think it would have got a lot more comment if the GP2 annoncement hadn't come at the same time!!!

Now salvo just needs to get the update ;)

Also good work with the MCSF website Ger & Emmett, looking good over there
  • It's all Ger. Kudo's buddy!
  • Guys this is a new begining. Minardi Clubs are unique. In the Minardi F1 era there was no other team that gave the fans so much! The Minardi Club San Francisco is not only for West Coast Yanks! Members are from all over! What we all here at FM have is a common belief in Minardi. The Minardi Club structure continues and I know President Emmett would love to welcome new members for 2007. Those of you who are not members how about it? Together with FM we can let the team know how much we support them.

just a thought!
  • i get 20% for every soul caught, okay?
  • well of course, there is the revelation that Giovanni and Stoddart had a falling out, and that Giovanni left the team to minimise the stress...

now that was kept quite discreet, wasn't it?
  • thanks guys, I'm glad you appreciated.
    But I can't find the interview, where is it?
    I mean, I can't see the link in the MCSF home page...
  • ps the line about Montezemolo means more or less this:
    italian companies (and italians in general) when thinking about F1 can only see Ferrari. Now that Montezemolo also has this rule in Confindustria, his power and his appeal are greater than ever.
  • It's gone! Ger?
  • Its back! The server was down for a few hours and came back all screwed up.

The interview

[Edited on 6-10-0606 by Ger]
  • what about signing it?
    (those egocentrist primadonnas journalists... unbearable)

ps I left those words in italian beacuse i dont' know how to say in english and I had no dictionary when I wrote the interview. You can translate them, if you like, my friends.
  • Thank-you salvo for the explanation. I thought that perhaps it was referring to a montezumelan charge to make ferrari the exclusive italian manafacturer, or some such, in the same way that perhaps Mosley is on a charge to drive manafacturer power out of F1. Alas, no such conspiracies...:cool: