Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

viges on tour

As the off season stretches before us, we will:

- try in vain to get worked up about testing times

- kid ourselves A1GP amounts to a hill of beans

- picket Ron to give Lewis the bloody seat

- plan a trip to Oz in late March, stopping off on the way back in KL for the GP.

Strewth! Any of you girls in the Sydney/KL areas at that time?

[Edited on 28-10-06 by viges]

Comments

• You jammy git!:)
  • can I read your news while you're away? ;)
  • I'll be at next year's Oz GP Simon if you are going to be down here. :)
  • No, sadly we will miss that. However, I have 'done' Albert Park in the past and still rate it as my favourite (not totally dependent on Mark's result!)

I aim to go to all the circuits in my lifetime but the targets keep moving. I can't get very worked up about Bahrain or Shanghai but I suppose Bahrain could be my stopover next time I return from Oz.
  • Spin; are you going to the GP in KL? Would like to see you ASAP. Reply PDQ.
  • Hi Viges,

Yep, expect to be at KL Malaysian GP.

Also at Aussie A1 GP but not likely F1.

Be really good to catch up.

Spin
  • Marvellous.
  • OK Aussies ... hopefully Lease and I will be meeting up at some Taylor Square dive to compare post-op notes.

I'm thinking w/c Mon 19th March. Possibly April 3/4.

Anyone likely to be in the neighbourhood?
  • Yep -Ill be in the neighbourhood - and be good to catch up!
    Im also working (corporate side/marketing) for the A1 GP
    so be running around out there for the week.
  • Need to fix the actual date fairly early as I need to fabricate some client meetings as a reason for being in Sydney.
  • Sure, its up to you really. We'll be in town all week.
  • Slight chance that I may be up from the 5th April for Easter. Will see...
  • Originally posted by PistonBroke
    Yep -Ill be in the neighbourhood - and be good to catch up!
    Im also working (corporate side/marketing) for the A1 GP
    so be running around out there for the week.
    OK, hope to meet up, too at A1gp. I'll be around the Malaysian area, certainly on the Sunday for the races.

Spin
  • Anyone coming to the A1 at Eastern Creek - its been a bit hot lately.

If you want to get a close up of some Australian animals,
    I do a bit of volunteer work at Waratah Park (Skippy), so
    can get you in for a nocturnal tour (7:30pm till 9:30pm).
  • Roo, it'd be great to meet up again; FIVE years since Albert Park! Pass me a cold one ...

The 5th is our last night in Sydney, though. Maybe an early evening cocktail.
  • Don't know if we can make it up to Waratah Park, and you may not be there the race weekend. I used to live at Arcadia and then Kenthurst so know the area well.

Used to ride me 'orse round the forest reserve.

Hope to see you at Eastern Creek.

Spin
  • I'm at Eastern Creek and can be contacted at the Team Malaysia room or via the guys, e.g. Owen or John at the pit. I'm wearing a MCSF cap and my usual white goatee, so should be recognisable.

I asked around for Pistonbroke today but the name didn't ring any bells. PB do you go under another handle?

Spin
  • Bugger missed you!
    Went to Team Malaysia (I did the sign above the garages) and asked but they all laughed???
    Look up Blue Gum Graphics if still in town. Ill be back out on the track on Monday PM pulling down all my work. Spoke to Clive (Team Ireland) who I met 20 odd years ago in Adelaide (re Lotus).
    Ill post some pics later tonight.
  • You must have spoken to the wrong people.

Sorry 'bout that!

I did have a few people contact me with no problem.
    I was in the grandstand for both A1 races and spoke to a couple of Minardi fans who knew of me from the site, but were not regulars.

Malaysia's result was another 5 points which keeps us in (equal) 6th position. Our German guest was delighted. The Aussies didn't have a very good day but at least kept their car on the track and up the right way.

I'm off back to KL tomorrow, so won't meet up this time.

Another time I hope.

Spin
  • Here are a few pics from the wekend.
    (If I can manage to get them on!)
  • Swiss Cheese Team Car
    (my best pic of the weekend)

[Edited on 5-2-2007 by PistonBroke]