Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

STR to satay in Italy.

According to reports Berger has said that STR are looking to expand facilities at Faenza or failing that build a new factory just up the road in Forli.

Comments

• Berger also says they will be using their own technical expertise to build a new car which should be running in February.

Also he has been talking a bit about Doornbos replacing Speed at STR, but then he played down that rumour.
  • Ger posted something about this post our Monza trip. Fabiana told us directly that STR was going to build a very hi tech facitlity in the Faenza area - not necessarily in Faenza itself. She said it would be very Red Bull in design - lots of glass and metal etc etc.

However, we were also told that most of the major fab and engineering was moving to England to save on costs.
  • It doesn't add up; why would RB spend lots on a new building in Italy when its simply an assembly plant? Various sources say the only reason Italy is 'safe' is because of strict employment law.
  • Originally posted by viges
    It doesn't add up; why would RB spend lots on a new building in Italy when its simply an assembly plant? Various sources say the only reason Italy is 'safe' is because of strict employment law.
    Very true but also a very talented and commited workforce along with the established infrastructure to supply the team.
  • Yes, I would hope that is a given. Does anyone here really believe Mateschitz gives a schitz about Faenza?! If he could, he'd move the operation to the UK quicker than you could say 'Milton Keynes'.
  • Hmmm, Satay...
  • I wonder if Gerhard Berger is trying to extricate the team from the hegemony of Red Bull. After all he speaks excellent italian and as such can empathise with the worforce of Faenza.
    In addition being forced to race with the Red Bull hand me downs can't be a good means of bringing the team forward.
  • Milton Keynes.................Nope, still there.

M i l t o n K e y n e s..................Nope, still there.

M i l t o n K e y n e s.........................Pfft, viges is full of it.

M i l t.........................Chicken or beef sir...