Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Melbourne Grand Prix

2»

Comments

• So it doesn't get dark until 10PM in Melbourne in February? News to Melbournians. I would say that there is no useful light after 9PM myself.

Remember, Albert Park is 3klms from the city. It is surrounded by business and residential areas. Angry mosquitoes and a huge amount of lighting is not going to get a start. Absolutely no way. The whole power thing is bullshit as well. I can't believe that that part of the city that has tram lines and high-rise business buildings hasn't got enough juice to light up Albert Park. Ridiculous.

This one won't get up simply because of environmental considerations (which are enormous), and the noise factor late on what is after all, a school night.
  • 10pm is past my bedtime! The nerve...

Seriously what drugs is he on. Unless you live near the polar Ice Caps I reckon it is pretty dark by 10pm, regardless of the month.

I have an idea make daylight saving 3 hours instead of 1. Better still fuck 24 hours in a day. Bernie is so powerfull he can create BMT - "Bernie mean time". His own world time clock, where everyone regardless of where they live can watch the GP in broad daylight.
  • This night race crap is just that - crap. I feel somewhat insulted, and Australia as a whole should also be - that Bernie's prepared to try and sacrifice the Australian public's enjoyment for the sake of those poor Europeans who might have to get out of bed for the event.

The poor souls, how do they manage to watch other events that happen while they should be sleeping? Like the Olympics... ;)

I wonder if the ICC would kindly allow the next Ashes series in England to be played in the middle of the night over there so we can watch it here during the day?
  • Oh, and as Lease said this has got even less than ZERO chance of getting past the local noise and environmental concerns in any case. You can hear the F1s all over Melbourne as it is now, let alone at 10pm on a school night.

If the Vic Govt tried to run roughshod over the populace on this one, I have no doubt there would be major demonstrations on the streets.
  • My poor dears, Bernie got you again.

This is just smoke and mirrors to move Melbourne away from the opening slot. Start the season in the Middle East. Bet on it.
  • The night race seems to get closer but not in Melbourne.......

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/04/04/gold_coast_to_shine_at_night/