Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Monte Carlo

Looks like it could be wet. That rules out Massa and co. Raikkonen, the Kimster seems to be spendinding too much time on the Finlandia. DC, well you just can't teach an old dog new tricks. A deserved penalty.

Comments

• Yes, he was a bit silly there; should have let the Renault through before Rascasse but how can you be sure the guy behind is on a hot one? The worry would be that, like you, he is also preparing for his hot lap. Were there blue flags? DC is hardly known as a dirty driver.
  • monaco in the rain, probably the best recipe for an amazing race
  • Kimi could be on a one stop strategy.
  • Enzo, Mauro, Schumi, Jean, Alberto, Ross ... your boys took one helluva beating.

Fernando and Lewis both on the ragged edge - did you see them in the head-on shot through the swimming pool? Get in!
  • Would have loved to see Hamilton actually pressure Alonso for the win.
  • Pretty boring.........
  • disappointed in quite a pedestrian race.
  • Seems like the British media just can't get over this "Hamilton" hype. He drove fantastic, but get over it.

Give James Allen a sedative. He didn't have a farts hope in a cyclon of overtaking Alonso, but don't let the facts get in the way of a fairytale.
  • Here Here Roo. The reason he was that close is because FA allowed him to be.
  • not that they'd be allowed to race anyway
  • Never let the truth get in the way of a good non story. All the Brit press are leading with the FIA investigation into Macca team orders. No sane team principle is going to risk a 1-2 finish.
    I wonder if Ecclestone thinks the racing will be any better on the new street circuits?
  • Never let it be said that any of us are biased ...

The difference between TOIT and the rest is that 'the rest' allow their drivers to race until the second stops. OK, Monaco may never have been the race where Lewis was 'allowed' to win but this is a long way from Austria 2001 and 2002 (I was there, confidently telling my non-F1 fan brother that 'not even Ferrari' would be clumsy enough to order Rubens to bend over at the last minute; shows what I know).

IF Lewis is clearly on top in Montreal, he will win. You could never say that with any confidence of Schumi's hapless teammates.

Point of order: why does F1 get singled out for this anyway? In cycling, the whole team works for one man. There have always been team orders in motor racing - Fangio even took over the cars of his team-mates! I simply don't believe Lewis won't be 'allowed' to win this season.
  • Lewis will be allowed to win this season. But he will need another car between him and Alonso or for Alonso to break down or crash.
  • Not quite sure if that'll be the case hammer. I think he'll just need to be in front of FA before the last pitstop. I do think he'll win race/s this season though.