Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Colin & Johnny McRae R.I.P.

Terrible Tragedy. My thoughts are with his family and the families of the other crash victims.

[Edited on 17-9-07 by steamdrivenhammer]

Comments

• Yes, terrible. British rallying has had some bad years - Burnsie, Beefy and now the Great Scot. Unbelievable. He wouldn't have been taking risks with his chopper, I'm sure.
  • Definitely, Simon, not with his son and another kid on board, anyway.

But somehow I had the sensation that he was not going to die on his bed.

At the moment winning in rallies does not brink good luck to UK citizens.

I'm really aggrieved, he was the mad guy of rallies, but a pure and fair sportsman, my condolences to his parents, wife, daughter and brother.:(
  • My condolences to his family and friends. Didn't get to see a whole lot of him rallying, as coverage here sucks, but the few times I saw were great.

Thought it was pretty crazy that Dave Richards, McRae's old boss, and his wife escaped a helicopter crash this weekend.
  • I can never understand why anyone would want to fly his own chopper. Dave Richards almost came a cropper at the weekend as well.