Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Alonso leaves McLaren

According to this article on the bbc.co.uk website the ex minardi driver has agreed to annul the remaining two years of his contract. The article doesn't mention who he is going to drive for next year but Flav and those suits in Koln will be counting their small change no doubt.

Comments

• Yep seems to be finally confirmed

"Following a meeting between Fernando Alonso and McLaren, it was agreed that it would be in the best interests of both parties to bring the relationship to an end,"

Not much of a statement according to Reuters:D

I think my bet is on Renault, I assume a deal must have been done because someones paid McLaren off?
  • I think they've just agreed to call the whole thing off. No money either way.
  • Yes, Alonso certainly was a nail in Ron's ass!
  • That's one way to put it Neil!!
  • Ferdy will not be replaced by Rosberg, who's been confirmed at Williams together with Kazuki Nakajima (......).
    This means Ferdy will not go to Williams, as well.
    So, it is more and more likely that he goes back to Renault and good Heikki will be siding Clewlis at Macca.