Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

WINNER OF MOST GPs

I find it sensible that the championship goes for the driver who wins the most races. It is a welcome change for me and one which can leave the championship open till the end. Also drivers cannot compromise or play safe.

Comments

• This rule seems to be deferred to 2010.
  • The problem with 'most wins' is when you have a Schumi scenario. Under that system he could have won championships by June. It could also reward a few lucky wins.

I think the teams had the right idea by proposing to give more points to the winner.
  • yeah, but now there is no Schumi scenario and we have 3-4 drivers competing for the championship, but I also agree with the winner being given more points!
  • Just revert back to the old points system of 10 6 4 3 2 1. Thats restores the differential between first and second and by allowing only the first 6 finishers to score puts the emphasis back on racing.
  • Originally posted by Petroltorque
    Just revert back to the old points system of 10 6 4 3 2 1. Thats restores the differential between first and second and by allowing only the first 6 finishers to score puts the emphasis back on racing.
    I prefer points for top 8, gives the little team something to aim for. If you're running in 10th place, you have the motivation to try and gain them 2 places to get a point, whereas the old system you would need to try and gain 4 places. Near on impossible for the backmarkers.

How many times did Minardi finish 7th or 8th and not get rewarded? (answer is 37)
  • I'm whole heartedly against the medal system. One of the big achievements early in any drivers career is getting their first point withs medals the majority of drivers won't achieve this.

The only benefit i can see to the medal system is that Adrian Sutil might beat Badoers record for most races with scoring. :D

If you want to reward success make the scoring system

15-11-7-5-4-3-2-1