Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Bourdais out

Yes, I know, not Mr Current Affairs by starting that thread now, but I think we should at least talk about it. Was changing planes in Sao Paulo two weeks ago and saw it on one of the news channels and was actually quite shocked. What went wrong that somebody who was able to take bucketloads of titles in the US didn't cut it at all in F1?

Comments

• I think there were several factors contributing to him getting the punt.

1. Getting outperformed by a rookie teammate.
    2. Not being a Red Bull Developement driver.
    3. I'm not sure the new car was suited to his driving style.

I'm sure there are a few other factors but it seems to be that racers coming from America are struggling more to adapt than normal.

Zanardi Struggled
    Andretti Struggled
    Montoya did well
    Villeneuve did well
    Barbazza wasn't given a chance.

It may be the lack of testing.
  • Probably the difference in series. I think Bourdais probably just is better in low downforce situations and long braking distances.

But I'm wondering if we could blame the engineer for this. Who was the engineer on his car? Does Buemi have the same engineer Vettel had last year?
  • He will move to Superleague!
  • He won the final shootout at the last round an is now £100,000 richer.